Four

"This is unacceptable, boy! Assaulting a customer is an offense, be it self-defense or revenge!"

"Miss Hana, what are you doing?" Nana whispered as she approached me at the door.

"He's being yelled at," I said, trying to peep through the keyhole.

"Miss! Stop that, please! It is very indecent!" Nana ordered. "Do not eavesdrop!"

"Nana, Shh!" I said, as I tried to make out the conversation going on inside the manager's office.

Silence... why are they silent?

The door clicked open, revealing a tall figure behind it.

As our eyes met, I gulped. He was clearly pissed off, and it was scaring the hell out of me! His black orbs wandered around my face.

I was frozen. I literally could not move or say anything. My lips parted as I attempted to say something, but I chickened out immediately.

Gently pushing me to a side, he walked past me.

Without a second thought, I turned around and followed him, Nana following me close behind.

Halfway down the passage, he stopped in his tracks. I halted immediately, and looked up at the back of his head.

His dark brown hair shone in the dim light. At that moment, I noticed his height. I felt like a dwarf. My head was almost at his shoulder level.

He looked at me, over his shoulder. "What?"

"Um..." I broke my gaze, not knowing what to say. "Is everything... okay?"

After blinking few times, he scoffed. "Okay?"

"I mean..." I cleared my throat. "Are you hurt?"

"Hurt?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Miss Hana, we should go now," Nana said, as she laid a hand on my shoulder.

"No, Nana!" I sighed, realizing that I had raised my voice a bit too much. "I'll leave when I want to," I said politely, moving her hand from my shoulder.

Yeonjun stood there, his back turned towards me.

Tugging on his sleeve, I got his attention.

He turned and looked down at me. "What?" He muttered. He looked devastated. His eyes wondered around as if he was lost.. as if he didn't know what to do.

"Will I see you tomorrow?" I tilted my head, to get a better look at him. "I mean... at school?"

"I don't see why not," he said, giving me a brief glance.

"Alright," I smiled.

I'd got the feeling that he wanted to be alone at that moment. I didn't wanna be a burden to him, and so I decided to leave.

"I will see you tomorrow, then," I smiled. "Yeonjun,"

His eyes widened very slightly, suggesting that he was a bit surprised by what I just said. Maybe it's because I called him by his name.

Probably...

"Likewise," he nodded and walked away.

I watched his tall figure walk farther and farther away.

He's not okay and he probably will not be.