"What about Sofia? Damon, are..."

"Sorry, brother they are done too. From what I know it's related to Damon choosing Elena while he was still with Sofia." I glare at him and he enjoys it.

"One more word about Elena and this dinner is over."

"You know what, probably best just to keep Elena and Sofia in the do not discuss pile." I state trying to cover all of our basis.

"You're probably right. It's just the allure of the Petrova doppelganger." And there is to dropping it. "Is still so strong. What do you say, brother? Should we tell them about Tatia?"

"Now why should we discuss matters long since resolved?" Elijah is acting weird now and I want to know more about this.

"Well, given their shared affection for both Elena and Katerina, I think our guest might be curious to learn about the originator of the Petrova line."

"Well, we're not going anywhere Elijah. Please do tell." I egg on taking another sip of wine.

"When our family first settled here, there was a girl named Tatia. She was an exquisite beauty. Every boy of age desired to be her suitor. Even though she'd had a child by another man. And none loved her more than Niklaus." Klaus roles his eyes.

"Oh, I'd say there was one who loved her at least as much."

"Wait a minute so you both loved the same girl?" Stefan is enjoying this now.

"Our mother was a very powerful witch. She sought to end our feud over Tatia and she took her. And Klaus and I later learned that it was Tatia's blood that we consumed in the wine on the night where our mother performed the spell which turned us into vampires. Tatia wouldn't make a decision between the two of us, so for a time Niklaus and I...grew estranged. Harsh words were traded. We even came to blows. Didn't we, brother?"

"But in the end, we recognized the sacred bond of family."

"Family above...all." They cheer one another as we just wait for the real message to be shared.

Bonnie texts me that they're getting closer to opening the coffin but they need more time. Hopefully, I can give us more and we can be rid of Klaus for good. "So, why don't we move this evening along and discuss the terms of this proposal?"

"Well, it's very simple. Klaus gets his coffin back. In exchange, he and the Original extended family, leave Mystic Falls forever. I, Stefan, Sofia, and Elena get to live happily ever after. No grudges." I lay out the terms of keeping eye contact with Klaus the whole time.

"Deal sounds fair, brother." Elijah states.

"I don't think you understand. I can't do that because Elena's doppelganger blood ensures that I will always have more hybrids to fight those that oppose me. I will never leave her behind." Klaus glares at Stefan. "Let's say I do leave her here. Under your protection. What then? How long before one of you turns her into a vampire? Or worse. How long before she dies, caught between your feuding? You see each one of you truly believes that you're the one that can protect her. And that is simply a delusion. Gentlemen...the worst thing for Elena Gilbert is...the two fo you." Wow doesn't even sugar coat it.

"I'm going to get some air." Elijah follows after me.

"What do you say, Klaus? It's time you put something on the table. We've made our offer. Now you counter."

"Okay. I offer Elena's future happiness. See what she needs now is to be rid of you lot, and to fall in love with a human. Maybe the nice football player. You know the blonde one."