“He always wanted a mate…” James answered saying exactly what I was thinking.

“Yeah but one that would help him be Gabe’s second, help him become a Capo, not a mate that was helping his brother away from the life, the family,” Saul said, I sighed. 

“What was he thinking?” I whispered mostly to myself but I actually received an answer.

“Bro, your brother is fucking weird,” I snapped my head to James who lifted his hand in defense and started speaking fast.

“As my soon to be Alpha, and as my Il Principe, I wouldn’t say none of this shit but since you gave all that up I’ll tell you what many think. Straight?”

“Straight,” I said unsure of what the hell he was going to say.

“Your brother is crazy, crazy smart, crazy stupid and worse crazy psycho. He is that child that would kill everyone around him, you and your parents included just for under estimating him.”

“You’re wrong,” I said strongly, I knew my brother. 

No you see what he wants everyone around him to see...Max said. 

“Samuel is shy and quiet,” I said then, let that go trying a new route, “Why didn’t you guys say that before?” they all just laughed.

“The bullet you would put in our heads as Alpha or Il Principe,” James stopped laughing and answered. 

“Your family… built him a wall, Gabriel. Anything we say negative is because he’s gay. Anyone or we, say he’s shady, you guys think that we say that because he’s gay. You shoot to kill and make an example of them. Your dad has done that before. Remember Nick? Told your dad something about Sam and your dad killed him, yeah Sam is gay. But Sam is shady as hell. Stealthy and you guys… well you are neither my future Alpha or Il Principe right now, so we can tell you the truth, and the truth is you guys created a monster,” Said Saul, the others agreeing.

“Samuel?” I asked again, surely they had to be confused.

“Yeah, Samuel. Anything, anyone says about him negative you and your pops think it’s because he’s gay, but he’s shifty and Chelsea… well she sees it!” James answered.

“Yeah man.”

“Chelsea’s suspicious of everyone,” I replied rather defensive.

They all snorted, “Right but she wasn’t the one getting shot at tonight,” Rico pointed out.

“Yeah Gabriel, she won’t let Samuel get away with nothing, she wont let him join her little pack or guard her, it isn’t shit about him being gay, Jamie is gay. She doesn’t trust him as a person, or his wolf either,” Saul said who for the most part always remained silent.

“You have to see it now man?” James stated but it came out as a question.

“He can’t stand Chelsea because you guys can’t protect him, with Chelsea there is no bubble, she see’s him for who he is, not what he is.”

“And you guys think he’s dirty somehow?”  I concluded aloud.

“No not somehow, specifically where your family is related,” Saul, said.

“No,” I disagreed.

“Yes. You think this was a setup? Who do you think is behind it? As far as Samuel knew we would be staying with Chelsea. That call you got from Mack would have gotten rid of Andrew, Ethan and you. As your mate, if you had gotten hurt, Chelsea would have come running,” James theorized.