Chapter 3 : Spilled Drinks

I groan as the bright sun's rays blind me waking me up. My head feels like a hammer was slamming a nail into my skull. I wiped my hand over my face. I can't even remember going to bed let alone leaving Brianna's house. I sat up to see I actually didn't leave her house and am sleeping in her guest bedroom. I look over to the night stand and grab my phone to check the time. I ssaw a two pills , a cup of water with a note from Benny telling me to drink it when I woke  up. As I swallow the water , I checked my notifications on my phone.

Melvin left me a message telling me I was too drunk and everyone pleaded I should just sleep over. He left since he had a big meeting the next morning but he'll see me later. I rolled my eyes and got out the bed to use the bathroom ensuite. I showered and brushed my teeth. Walking back into the bedroom , I opened the draw to pull out a romper. Briana and I each left clothes at each other house in case we sleepover. Getting dressed ,  I left the room to follow the smell of the breakfast being cooked. The conversation must have been about me because when I walked everyone got quiet.

I walked to the cabinet to grab a mug and poured myself some coffee. " Since the conversation is about me , why doesn't  someone fill me in" , I said annoyed. " Aren't you a delight in the morning" , Benny fired back. Still no one wanted to spill the beans so I asked again. " What was up with you last night? Babygirl I haven't seen you that drunk that much since your twenty first birthday party" , Derek said looking at me concerned. Sighing and taking a deep breathe , I told them everything that happened last night. Derek punched the wall , Brianna pulled the knife threatening to cut his balls off and Benny paced back and forth saying he was to kill him.

I didn't even know I had tears falling down my face until Brianna wiped them pulling me into a deep hug. Derek and Benny joined the hug to. I always knew Melvin wasn't perfect but I gave him everything I had in me. I guess I wasn't enough for him. After crying everything I couldn't yesterday , we all retired to the living room and watched movies all day. It felt comforting to be hanging out like we did back in the day. No one brought it up anymore and just agreed to accept whatever decision I made whether they liked it or not. But I knew these three and they weren't accepting anything other than Melvin bloody and begging for his life.

    Melvin tried contacted me throughout the day but I kept the conversation only via text and told him I was going to sleepover Brianna's house again to catch up. When in reality I knew I needed more time to get my emotions together before I faced him. Benny left later that night. After he left , I went upside to my room to give Derek and Brianna so room.  He was flying to Dallas to help a friend of his from college that was moving into town next week. They have been secretly hooking up for the last six months.

Only I know so far about their secret relationship. I know Briana was scared of it  not working out and it causing a drift in a group.But if she only see what I see when they are together. They compliment each other so much and would make me beautiful god babies. Leaving the room ,  I take one more glance at the beautiful couple and wonder when will that be me.