Chapter Fifteen

Hollis looked regal too. His coat was golden brown, and there was a pattern of falling leaves sewed in. The thread is different shades of orange, red, and yellow. His slack were well-fitted. He looked like a prince. ‘A tree prince.’ Lily thought as she eyed the forest themed aspects of the suite.

Sony did look nice. His outfit was a wonderful robin red for the main color, with darker reds and maroons making it look gothic, but not too heavily. His coat’s end was long and detailed, cut to look like feathers. He looked good. But then he ruined it. He smiled at Lily with the plastic vampire teeth that you could find anywhere during Halloween.

“Where did you get those?” Hollis asked, so very confused. He turned to Lily, “Did you know he brought those?”

“Why would I know what he does? Why are you wearing those?” Lily demanded, appalled because this was supposed to be serious. This was serious. She could not laugh.

“I’m a vampire.” Sony supplied, his voice strange from the plastic fangs. Lily thought she heard Hollis laugh, but she had her back to him. She refused to turn to check in case she started laughing too. She was not going to encourage her brother.

“Take those out right now.”

“They are a part of my costume.” Sony sounded so emphatic and dramatic. As if Lily was the one being scandalous and that it was his right to wear fake fangs to a gathering of evil forest people. Lily lost her composure. Sony was able to break tension down in minutes. He wasn’t afraid of making a fool of himself if it meant making everyone else a bit happier. Lily admired that ability. He’d helped her over the years with loosening up by acting like an idiot. Today was another time that trait came in handy. So they stepped out-- two nobles and a vampire.