Chapter 8: Hug

Infiltrating the house, the handsome prince found no signs of life. He wasn't able to locate the two gorgeous ladies he was wishing to lay his eyes upon. Flashing his flashlight around, “Is this...” Prince Taehyung squatted, scooping a drop of red liquid on the floor. “blood.” He also saw a rope that was still tied on the chair and a piece of white cloth. He got a gut feeling, but what? He wasn't sure. Waving his flashlight once more, something reflected the light. There, on the back of the front door, the prince found what seemed to be a familiar stamped tag. “Jisoo...” Giving the polished metal a close inspection, he noticed the engraved name on the back. “It must be him.” Immediately calling the police, he decided to wait in the house. Sitting on the dirty couch, he laid his head on the back pillow. “Please be safe...”

=====
The police arrived after thirty minutes. Taehyung saw his best friend, his secret crush—Jungkook. He was the deputy chief of this city.

“Sir!” The newcomers saluted. Saluting back, the prince started explaining what he had seen and the information he got from Sachzna.

I see... Rest assured that our best officers will handle this case and I will help you as much as I can.” Jungkook caressed Taehyung's arm. But all of a sudden, this simple gesture turned into feral affection. The deputy chief embraced the future king making everyone froze including the prince, himself. It was sudden and not to mention, the very first-time Jungkook showed him this much tenderness. Their friendship was no secret however, the hug was just not a buddy hug nor a sympathetic one, it confided a million words. Whispering in his ear, “It makes me sad seeing you sad, Taehyung... Always remember that I’m here for you. I love you.”

Taehyung's eyes widened along with a fleeting look on his face. Did he hear him right? Or he's starting to lose his mind? “What?” He managed to let out.

Jungkook pulled him away from the people. “Look... I’m in love with you, Taehyung... I know this is not the right time, but it’s just that I don’t know when will I get the chance to see you again. We’ve been both busy these past few months and I feel like we are drifting apart.”

“I, uh, don’t know what–” The prince snatched his hand away from his grip.

“to say? Or are you going to deny your feelings for me?” Jungkook asked. “You don’t have any idea how much courage I mustered or how many sleepless nights I had just to be able to tell you this... I know you like me, Taehyung. I found that out so don’t you dare deny it.”

*handheld transceiver beeping*

“Paging deputy chief, Jeon Jungkook, I need you at the station now.”

“Copy that sir,” Jungkook said. “Guess, we really have to talk about this some other time. Excuse me, I have to go.”

================================
Jungkook's POV

*flashback*

The princess called the station, inviting me to the mansion, saying that she had something important to report and that I need to see her as soon as possible. Being on-duty, I responded immediately.

*honk honk*

"Sir," The guard saluted at me. "What can I do for you, sir?"

"The princess summoned me," I answered. He paged the chief security officer informing him of my presence.

"Apologies for the delay, sir. Please, go ahead." The gate slid open.

"Keep up the good work," I said. The future queen was everyone's second top priority so tight security like this was a must.