nueve.

Your love for Rose developed into something much deeper than you expected. You also noticed that Hinata's love for Naruto grew that much deeper. Another thing you didn't expect. Missions came and went and you were able to grow as a ninja. You were even able to get a little bit more attention because of how much your skills were advancing. Rose pointed it out to you and would make fun of you whenever she thought your ego was getting a little too big. Especially now since a few years have passed and you were about 19 years old now.

"Look at me! Look at me! The savior."

"Okay, Savior. Bring it down a few notches." She chuckled a little bit when she responded to you but you knew she meant what she said. Rose was quick to bring you down off your high horse. You'd hear her loud and clear. She was the last person you wanted to annoy intentionally.

"My bad. Didn't mean to get too high and mighty." She smiled while she reached over to hold your hand as you two walked around the village.

About two years have passed and it was around this time two years ago that Naruto left to get trained. He left to get training with one of the legendary Sanin. You knew because Hinata told you everything because Naruto told her everything. Naruto wanted to get stronger to bring Sasuke back to the village. All you thought was that you wanted to forget that mission from years ago.

But, what you remembered more was how upset Hinata was when Naruto left. She was crying a little about it because she was worried. You were there for her but you knew deep down there wasn't much you could do. 

She just had to wait for him to come back.

She said he promised.

Now was around the time that he was going to return to the village. It was late afternoon and you and Rose decided to get dinner together. You arrived home not very long ago from another mission and wanted to squeeze in some quality time with her.

"How was your mission?"

"Successful! We were scared for a little bit but things thankfully worked out in the end."

"A lot of your missions have been working out as of late. That makes me happy."

"Oh yeah?"

"Of course. I remember that whole thing with Sasuke. Sure, there were other missions that didn't go well but none were really like that one."

"I know. The fact that we can't forget about it either." You replied. You didn't think Sasuke leaving would leave such a footprint on everyone.

"Well, Naruto left so that he could get stronger to bring him back."

"I know. He can't let it go because of the promise he made to Sakura."

"I don't know why he can't tell her that he can't do it."

"You're kidding? Naruto isn't that kind of person at all. I don't even know if there's ever been a time when Naruto has given up on something. He's always seen everything through until the end."

"Now that you mention it . . ." She looked up with a pondering expression. "You're right. I don't think he's ever given up on anything or anyone either . . . I guess that's another reason why Hinata likes him so much."

Hearing that made you pause for a moment before replying.

"Exactly."

After giving Rose your answer, you heard someone rushing towards you two. It was Hinata.

"He's back!" She said out of breath. Her hands were resting on her knees while she tried to catch her breath. You knew immediately who she was talking about.