Beginning of Darkness

ابدأ من البداية

"I know we haven't been able to really...that things have been weird because of Jeremy. So thank you for helping me with this. I know you both have a lot to deal with."

"There's nothing more important, Bonnie." I hold her hand.

"It's surreal. Having to track down a woman who bailed on her own kid."

"You know you don't have to right? Let Stefan obsess over opening the coffin. It doesn't have to fall on you."

"The coffin is spelled shut. That makes it a witch problem. So it does fall on me."

"I've tried to help and my magic doesn't seem to work on it." I state to Elena.

"Yeah, Sofia and I tried all the spells again together and still nothing. Together we only know so much about magic, but my mom would know way more. I was bound to see my mother again sooner or later."

"Sooner." I roll my eyes at hearing Damon's voice. "Abby Bennett Wilson, Monroe, North Carolina. Born in Mystic Falls Hospital. Graduated Mystic Falls High. Blah, blah, blah." He comes over and hands Bonnie the file. "A little compulsion helps to speed up the research process."

"This is her." Elena and my eyes widen.

"Yep, road trip. I call shotgun."

"No." I state.

"What we're broken up and we can't go on a road trip together?" Damon asks me.

"Our relationship status has nothing to do with this but you're not coming that's final."

"I agree with Sofia." Elena states and that puts a bigger frown on his face.

"What? I found her."

"Let's get this straight." I stare Damon down. "Bonnie hasn't seen her mom in over 15 years."

"And we don't need your snarky commentary narrating the entire experience." Elena adds and she goes to move around Damon but he steps in front of her. They just stare at each other.

"Did they forget we're here too?" I ask Bonnie.

"What's going on with you two?" She asks them.

"We kissed. Now it's weird." I try and control my face but I know I'm going to be a bitch the whole trip now. "Have a nice trip."

"Nothing going on between you right? You're exact words." I push past my sister not waiting to hear her bullshit. I grab some stuff in my room for our trip and I already know he's here.

"What do you want Damon, my sister is downstairs."

"You seem pissed for someone who pushed me away."

"Didn't take much for you to kiss my sister." I cross my arms over my chest glaring at him. "You told me I had nothing to worry about there was nothing. She even said the same thing but the moment I let you go you already run to her."

"It..."

"I was dealing with Klaus sending Tyler to bite Caroline and getting the cure for him and what...you were making out with my sister?"

"I'm not going to apologize. I did nothing wrong. We weren't together."

"But you thought about being with her when we were. Didn't you?"

"I have no idea."

"You have some idea!"

"You gave up on us! I have nothing else to explain to you."

"Get the hell out! Now!" I didn't even realize I have Damon pinned to the opposite wall gasping for air.

"Sofia..." He barely gets out. I release him.