Silver Lace (14)

I tried to forget what had happened, and carry on as normal. Campus life was fairly normal. I hung out with all the old friends, including the ones who had previously sided with Luke. Most people ignored him now since word had spread about the party. He walked round with a few of his old friends, a guilty look mostly plastered on his face, especially everytime he was me. Which was a lot. Jamie cheered me up the most. Even more than Damon, who now, along with him friends and Tiia, was now a part of our group. In on all plans that we made, which personally I liked. He constantly reminded me of the tickets he had, waiting for us so we could go to the wrestling together, only 2 month away. I went to all my classes, enjoyed them with my real friends. I did all my coursework on time and made sure I was understand everything, ready so I could hopefully go to University at the end of the school year.

Things with Damon were perfect. We walked on the beach, we stayed in all day watching movies, we went out on coffee dates, went shopping, met friends, did everything together. Even when my Uncle came on a surprise visit Kristen adored him. She looked up to him with a beaming smile and was constantly hanging off of his arm. He was practically living with me, and, if things carried on as well, hopefully soon he'd be living with me permanently.

One day, whilst we were all sitting around watching movies (when I say 'all of us' I mean everyone single one of us, including the new additions, Scott, Jeremy, Brooke, Cory, Lea, Bonnie and Dylan) I suddenly noticed that Jamie was missing. It was a stormy day, the sky was literally black, the rain was pounding down, and lightening was illuminating the room every minute or so and we were all sitting around, squashed onto sofas and sprawled across the floor mainly in friendly couples for the warmth and comfort. We were so engrossed in the movie we had failed to notice that Jamie wasn't here. Quietly, I made my way to the bathroom, to the door around the corner which led to my onsuite. I opened the door and the sudden loud squeak of the hinges caused Jamie to react violently, throwing his arms into the air and sending his phone flying through the air and smashing onto the floor, the battery sprawled out and the phone back peeking out from under the sink unit. I made my apologises and helped him pick up his phone and put it back together. Fear was written in his eyes and he clearly knew I could understand exactly. He tried to slide past me to make his way back to the main room but I grabbed his sleeve and he knew by my face that he wasn't going to get away until he told me what was going on.

He looked at me pleadingly, but once he realised he wasn't going anywhere he sighed with understanding of my worry and confusion and let me drag him through the second entry to the bathroom which lead into my bedroom. He sat down in the centre of the bed and looked at me. I just stared back at him expectantly, waiting for an explaination.

'Ok' he began, 'remember Mitch?' he quizzed me. I thought back to football matches from last year, my first year of college. I remember Mitch flirting with me, trying to get my attention by constantly being in my face....

'Yeah, yeah I know Mitch' I replied.

'Well....'

'Well..............'

'I kissed him'.

'You kissed him.'

'Well no, I tried to, but he, well, he rejected me'.

'When?'.

'Last year, July'.

'You've kept this hidden from me? You hid this, from your best friend, for 2 month?'.

'I'm not finished yet, you'll understand why'.

'Go on..'.

'He told people, not many people, but the worst of people, and well, they've been bullying me, terrorizing me, sending me letters, texting him, cornering me in the street'.

'WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU TELL ME JAMIE? WHY DID YOU HIDE THIS FROM ME? WHY JAMIE? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?' As I screamed out the last 'why' a loud roll of thunder rocked the house, silencing everything within it, including my TV, as, judging by the moans and complaints coming from the main room, had cut out.

'I'm sorry Frankie'.

I just looked at him. Oh Jamie, I couldn't be mad at you, no way. I hugged him, and we sat hugging for about 5 more minutes. Once we felt a little more normal again, we went back into the main room to see what everyone was up too. Some where asleep, some we looking at us expectantly, obviously expecting me to come up with some kind of eleborate plan, but we just chatted and laughed for the rest of the night. Everyone stayed over.

Jamie left it at that for months.