Silver Lace (10)

I'm not even going to attempt to tell you what time I woke up. I don't know if it was early or late, but I was feeling pretty lousy and I sat around doing nothing but stare into space for however long. Eventually, I decided I needed to drag myself out of this unexplainable rut I seemed to be in, so I downed some form of energy drink i'd bought a couple of nights back. It tasted like shit, but it did the job as immediately I began to perk up and start feeling a bit like myself again. 

The weather for today was a strange contrast to the weather of yesterday. Yesterday, it was breezy, bitter and cold. But today, the sun was beaming, not a cloud in sight, and it was BAKING. More like the traditional weather of California, the kind of weather I really appreciated. I found one of my favourite bikini's in the wardrobe and threw on a pair of short shorts and a baggy vest top, black with dipping sides and a cosmic purple cross embellished across the front. My favourite top! I glided out of my back door, feeling unusually happy and hopped over the short fence at the back of my garden onto the pavement below. I walked down towards to water and once I got a quarter of the way towards it I spun left and started wandering aimlessly down the sand.

As I passed the ever so famous beach bar, known for it's celebrity customers and the place I did the odd weekend shift if I was ever short of cash, I was fairly confident I spotted Luke staring at me from the counter. Looked not so hot I must say. Not that it bothered me. Any other day, I might of been devasted at even the slightest thought of seeing him, yet today, actually seeing him in the flesh it didn't seem to bother me. Nothing could get in my way today!

As iI carried of walking, I heard the over-the-top laughter of rowdy, full of themselve teenage boys and looked over my shoulder to see Luke and his friends probably about, 45 foot behind me. I rolled my eyes at them and turned my head back to the direction I was headed and bumped straight into...Damon Marshall.

I began mumbling an apology but when I heard him laugh, I looked up at smiled at him. DAMN, that guy was looking HOT! I'd never really appreciated the true beauty that was Damon Marshall. His sleek black hair, straight as straight can get, falling lightly just above his shining blue eyes. And I mean SHINING. His body, naturally tanned, not sprayed or ruined with dependancy on sun-beds. He was daaaaaaaaamn buff, but then again, he was captain of the College football team.

'Don't apologise, I was hoping i'd bump into you again, even if it meant literally' he smiled at me more, and it was as if something lit up inside of me.

I laughed at him, lowering my head and shielding my face with my fringe. As I lifted my head up again my fringe was still covering my face and he gently pushed it back into its normal position.

As he did so, Luke and his friends strolled on past us. I saw him look at my direct in the eyes dispairingly, a puppy-dog expression plastered across his face. When the obvious emotion was returned through my own expression, his sights set on Damon, glaring at him. If looks could kill. Damon just laughed in his face, which, naturallym infuriated Luke all the more. 

'What's so funny pretty boy?' Luke said patronizingly in the general direction of Damon, sights once again set on me.

Laughing harder, Damon just turned on him and said 'What's so funny? Oh I don't know. maybe just the fact that you think a simple glare and a cute expression towards the two of us can instantly change the way we both feel in the present moment.'

Due to the fact that Luke has a less-than-average mind, his only response was, well, to punch Damon in the nose. Damon recoiled with shock, falling weirdly gracefully to the sand beneath us. At first I was stunned, but after a few seconds I shoved past Luke screaming words over my shoulder towards him, checking to make sure Damon was ok. 

Next thing I knew, Luke's friend Joey, who I must say has an overly large mouth, had his armed hooked around my waist and way hoisting me up in the air. For a moment I screamed and thrashed about under his grip, clawing at him for all I was worth, desperate to be released so I could help Damon, who was currently being pummeled, courtesy of Luke. Once I realised I had no hope of getting out of Joey's strong grip, I watched in horror. 

It took me a while to realise the amongst the first flying about between the two boys, the ones that were making any real impact were not those of Luke's, they were actually Damon's. Once Damon started getting back up, blood dripping from his nose, Luke began backing off with an expression of horror, clearly seeing something the rest of us were obvlious too. He looked around at his friends who were giving Luke looks of curiousity. 

'Come on guys, let's get out of here' he said, looking at me. And within minutes he was gone.

'Dude, god, you ok? Come on i'll get you cleaned up and my place' and we started towards my place.