15

A week into my dad being in the hospital and still in a coma, the news had spread around the world and people were starting to worry, including me. Mum had came back the day after she left, I let her in to see dad but didn't speak to her apart from that. The woman was nothing but a memory to me and i wasn't just gonna let her come back into my life all of a sudden. Mitch, Corwin and Auston went back home, which left me by myself. Patrick Kane popped ina few times to see how my dad was, it had been a long time since i had seen him, he offered me a place to stay if i needed.

The second week into my dad being asleep, full on panic had started to set in, the doctors had started talking about the worst case scenario but I wasn't prepared to arrange my dads funeral at 19, I don't think any kid is. I had fallen asleep late one night, reading a book quietly and sipping on some tea that i got in the hospital cafe. I was starting to miss home, i had been 2 weeks since I had been at work or seen any of the guys. I missed them all. Iwoke up one morning to the feeling of someone gripping my hand, at first i looked at my dad, confused.  Thats when it happened again and this times, his eyes opened.

"Oh my god! Doctor! Doctor!" I yelled as i pressed the call button. Within seconds Doctors and nurses crowded the room and rushed me out. Mum wasn't here so i guessed she had went home after seeing him today. I waited in anticipation for the Doctor to come get me and when he did, with a smile on his face and a nod. I jumped to my feet and ran into the room.

"Oh my poor Lilly." My dad whispered. I rushed into his arms as i sobbed, so happy to see him alive, eyes open and talking.He was skinnier and his face had seemed to fall, he still looked pretty good for a guy who had been in a car accident and then a coma for 2 weeks.

"You are an idiot,y'know. You had Auston in tears and everything." I said wiping my own tears from my eyes as i sat on the side of the, my dads hand in my own. He smiled when i looked at him.

"How is he?" He asked and wiped more tears from my eyes as i thought about Auston and how happy he's going to be when he finds out dads gonna be okay.

"He's okay. The day you got into an accident they won the game, then got a flight straight out here. He was arguing with mum in the waiting room the next morning." I chuckled quietly. I looked at my dad, he looked shocked, it took him a second before he began to speak but i cut him off before he could. "We'll talk about it later. I'd rather just be happy that you are alive and well." I said and my dad held his hand up, placing it on my cheek and i leaned into it, glad he was still here to do this.

***

I had phoned both Will and Mitch about 100x and Auston double that, Dad had been slowly recovering throughout the day, which means we could private jet ourselves away from Chicago in the few days. Auston told me to call the second dad woke up and i did, but there was still no answer. When i finally made my way back from the Hospital cafe, the sound of male voices and Wills laugh floated through the ward and i quickly made my way towards the guys.

"What're you doing here?" I asked Mitch, Will and Auston who all stood with tired expressions on their faces. Mitch leaned forward and rested his forehead on my shoulder with a tired sigh as i ran my finger through his hair.

"We had another game last night but Auston was starting to worry about your dad so after training this morning, we hopped on a plane so we could come and see him. Just incase." Will said leaning against Auston for support. I kissed the side of Mitch's head and smiled.

"He's awake guys, he's been awake since this morning." I said and all 3 guys stood up straight, taking off towards my dads room. I watched from the door as all 3 grown men basically threw themselves on my dad, who just laughed and hugged the guys.

"Its good to see you guys too, I hope you've been playing well while I've been out." Dad joked and the lads all just laughed. Auston and Will filled him in as Mitch made his way over to me, pulling me into a hug and holding me tightly to his body.

"Does this mean you can come home now?" He whispered and I smiled and nodded against his chest. He silently fist bumped the air and I chuckled slightly. Once I pulled away, Mitch threw his arm around my shoulder and we walked back over to my dad who was laughing with the guys. Will yawned and fell back on the chair while Auston still spoke, but I could tell he needed sleep.

"He Aus. Why don't you close your eyes on the sofa for a bit and get a nap. You guys will be tired." I said smoothing down Wills hair as he rested his head against my stomach as I sat on the arm of the chair. Aus and Mitch took the sofa, both guys leaning each other to catch a nap.

"God, they are already asleep." Dad said and I looked up from where I was smoothing out Will's hair as he lay with his head on my stomach fast asleep and quite comfy.

"The good guys are always tired." I said with a quiet chuckle and my dad looked at me confused. But I just smiled and waved him off.