5

The smell of beer and summer drifted through the air as my house was flooded by Hockey players and all sorts of people. I was on Auston's shoulders in the pool, determined to push Will off of Kasp's shoulders. After 4 attempts and me being thrown into the pool those 4 times, I finally managed to get Will down.

"You cheated Lil!" Will yelled wiping his face with his hands. I laughed holding my stomach as I swam towards him.

"Sorry Will." I said and splashed him in the face, making my way quickly and swiftly out of the pool as the guys went for another round of chicken.

"Lilly!" A voice yelled and I turned around to see Mitch with a big grin on his face, he stumbled towards me and I laughed as he threw his arms around me, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Hey Mitchy, how are you feeling?" I asked and he slowly let go of me.

"I'm feeling great!" Mitch spoke loudly and I just chuckled at his over excited state. He looked past me and over to whoever was behind me, before I could even react, someone had wrapped their arms around my waist and was carrying me towards the pool.

"Auston, I'll do anything, please down throw me in!" I yelled but he just chuckled. The next thing I knew i was submerged in the water and being pulled to the surface by Will.

"You okay?" He asked and I just choked a little on the water, wiping my eyes as I nodded vigorously. Will helped me out of the pool and by the time I was changed and dried, the only busy and rowdy party had changed to most of the guys playing videos games in the den or sleeping in the spare rooms. I sighed as I made my way into the kitchen, throwing the red solo cups into a black bag.

"Hey, you okay, Lil?" Auston's voice asked from the entrance of the kitchen. I placed the black bag on the floor and Auston made his way over to me.

"I've been feeling really weird recently, Aus, I've been sleeping less and getting weird feelings in my stomach. I don't like it, I want this thing to go away." I admitted, throwing a red cup into the bag.

"How long have you felt like this?" Auston asked, leaning against the counter with a concerned look on his face.

"Since I met Mitch." I said quickly, hopping he would catch on, but he did. He smiled sadly and leaned forward, pulling me into his chest as he pressed a kiss to the top of my head.

"Why don't you go to bed, the guys and I will clean up this stuff before we leave in the morning. You just go and rest." He said and I nodded and made my way towards the door.

"I love you, Aus." I said and Auston Just smiled and shook his head.

"I love you too, Lil." He said and I just smiled and nodded, making my way up to my room. I noticed the once closed door was now open a jar and I wondered if maybe Auston had went in to get something, but when I opened it, my eyes landed on Mitch who was staring down st the photos in my photo album.

"I made that last year, just after Auston and I went to Miami for a week." I said as I entered the room. Mitch turned around quickly, a guilty expression on his face from snooping. I stood by his side as he opened up the section of my mum. "She left when I was 11, left me with a broken dad and trust issues. The only person I ever truly trusted except for my dad is Auston." I said quietly.

"What about me?" Mitch asked, barely above a whisper, his shoulder grazing mine as we stood side by side.

"I'm still trying to figure you out, Marner." I said quietly. He stared at me for a few seconds before breaking away and sitting down on my bed, his hands trailing over the sheets. The smell of him was almost intoxicating in my room, I was staring to wonder if maybe the alcohol was going straight to my mind.

"What can I do, that'll make you trust me?" Mitch asked and I thought about it, sitting on my chat at my desk. I closed my eyes and thought carefully.

"If you win the game on Monday, I'll trust you." I said and Mitch looked at me confused as I made my over to my bed, climbing under the covers, him following suit as we both lay in my bed staring at the ceiling.

"What's so special about Monday?" Mitch asked and I just smirked and shook my head.

"Nothing. I just like Monday's." I shrugged and he scoffed, turning on his side to face me.

"No one likes Monday's." He said and I turned to him. Taking in his frosty blue eyes. I smiled gently and closed my eyes, taking a deep breathe as I felt myself slowly falling into a deep slumber, just the feeling of his body next to mines was enough to calm every nerve down in my body.

"I do." I whispered and I basically felt him smile. Minutes passed and I was on the verge of fully falling asleep, when Mitch leaned forward and pressed a gentle kiss to my forehead. I just stayed in my sleepy state and smiled lightly.

"Goodnight, Lilly." Mitch whispered, but I was already asleep before I could even think about replying.