Chapter 11

"So, Ladies and Gentleman, allow me to introduce Mr. Matt Stewart, the new CEO of SHINE Industries." Mr. Collins announced with a bright smile and a young man stepped in.

Everyone once again gasped in shock after seeing him.

"To think I just said that his recruitment is not going to have much of an effect on us." Heather murmured to herself. However, Both Brian and Kiara heard her.

"What do you mean? Is he the new guy you were talking about earlier?" Brian asked.

"Yep, the same guy who made all the ladies weak on their knees."Heather said rolling her eyes. Brian was a bit surprised with the tone Heather said it. She is usually very sweet and naïve. Brian had never heard her use that sarcastic tone she just used to describe Matt Stewart. However he didn't think much of it. Moreover, soon he realized the truth of Heather's statement as he heard the ladies around them whispering again.

'Oh my God, this hottie is our new CEO!'

'Who would have thought? I feel like I have just won the lottery!'

'Coming to office just became far more interesting than ever!'

Sure enough, as soon as Matt Stewart was announced as the new CEO of the company everyone's attention averted from Mr. Collins's retirement to the new mysterious man that has now taken over the company. While most of the employees were busy whispering among themselves, Matt Stewart was invited by Mr. Collins to say a few words towards his new employees.

Matt Stewart stepped at the podium and scanned the whole room with his careful eyes. Finally his eyes landed on Kiara and a slow smile spread across his face.

"Somehow he looks familiar." Kiara said to herself with a frown.

"What? You think you know him?" Brian was curious.

"I don't know." Kiara shrugged and turned her attention to their new CEO as he was about to give a speech.

"Good morning everyone." Matt Stewart started with his deep voice as he made a direct eye-contact with Kiara. "It's a real pleasure to meet you all." He announced staring at her with a meaningful smile.

................................

15 minutes later the meeting was over and everyone was already exiting the conference room. As Kiara was also about to exit from the room along with Heather and Brian, she was held back by a familiar voice.

"Excuse me, Miss Jones, Can you please stay here for a minute?"

Kiara turned back just to see that she was addressed by none other than their new CEO, Matt Stewart. She looked at the door to see that Brian was still waiting for her with a questioning gaze. She motioned for him to go on without her and turned her head to Mr. Stewart and gave him a professional smile.

"Sure. Do you need something?"

"No. I just wanted to catch up with you for a while."

"Umm-okay." Kiara replied feeling confused.

"So we meet again." Matt said with a slow grin. "The co-incidence is pretty amazing, don't you think?"

"Ummm....I guess?" Kiara was still confused. The man somehow seemed familiar but she just couldn't put her fingers on exactly where she has seen him before.

Matt's grinning face suddenly turned serious and he looked at her with complete astonishment. "Wait! It can't be...you can't possibly....don't tell me....you forgot me again, didn't you?"

Kiara just couldn't take the confusion anymore and asked him straightforwardly. "Have we met before?"

Matt just stared at her as if he was hit by a thunderstorm and then suddenly he burst into laughter. "Okay, this is the first time that I meet a woman for the third time and she still can't remember my face. Normally I would have considered this a huge bruise on my ego, but for some reason, I find this whole situation really interesting." Matt shook his head with a smile and then approached Kiara with a new determination. "Okay, Miss Kiara Jones, since you seem to have forgotten all about my existence, allow me to remind you again. As a matter of fact, we have met twice before today. We met for the first time one week ago, when you bumped into my car and we met once again for the second time the same day in front of your house as I have just moved across your house. I am your new neighbor, Matt Stewart, do you remember me now?"