Chapter 7

" I still can't believe it. It feels so much like a dream! I mean who would've thought that all this time Heather has actually liked me back!" Brian said with a dreamy expression.

"I did." Kiara said dryly.

"What?" Brian asked getting startled.

Kiara shrugged. "I knew she harboured some feelings for you. I wouldn't have taken such a bold step if I wasn't sure of her feelings. I mean I wouldn't want to..."

"How did you know?" Brian interrupted her getting eager to know the answer.

"She kept staring at you whenever you weren't staring at her. And trust me it was so annoying to watch! I mean all this time I had to watch the two of you staring at each other while each being oblivious of the feelings of the other and none having the guts to actually do something about it. In the end, I just simply couldn't take it anymore and just decided to take matters in my own hands."

"She'd been staring at me?" Brian exclaimed. "All this time, she's been staring at me like I've been staring at her?! And I never knew it!" Brian was almost jumping with excitement like a little boy. Then he frowned a little and looked at Kiara.

"Wait a second," He said, "If you knew that Heather had feelings for me than why didn't you tell me before?"

Kiara rolled her eyes and asked "Would you have believed me if I did tell you?

Brian frowned with confusion. "Why wouldn't I believe you?"

Kiara let out an exaggerated sigh and then making a sombre face, started speaking-"Kiara, I think this is just your illusion. I mean you know about my feelings for Heather so you are hoping that she feels something for me too. So subconsciously you started to look for any signs that could mean that Heather has some sort of feelings for me. And the desire in your subconscious became so strong that you started imagining things that wasn't really there and reading too much into her actions, which is to say that what you thought you were seeing in her actions was not actually what happening in reality but what your subconscious wanted you to see, so.."

Brian burst into laughter. "Okay, okay, I get your point, so you can stop now. I guess you are right; I probably would have come up with something like that if you did tell me. By the way, that was a really poor excuse of mimicking my voice."

"Oh, please! I am a pro at this. I mean, I can mimic your voice better than you can do it yourself! Now, shoo, go home and let me get back to my sleep."

"Actually, I'm just going to crash on the couch here tonight. I'm too tired to drive back home."

"If you were so tired then you should have simply slept at home instead of barging in here at the middle of the night to ruin my sleep." Kiara said, dryly.

"Are you kidding? Do you think I would've been able to fall asleep without talking to you tonight with all the excitement going through my head? I needed to see you tonight!" Brian said excitedly with a grin that lit up his whole face.

"My, my! A happy little puppy, aren't you?" Kiara said with amusement.

"I guess I am." Brian said sheepishly.

"Good!" Kiara said with a smile and then she yawned. "Now, you can go to sleep or you can just keep standing there all night with that stupid grin on your face, do whatever you want, but I'm going to go back to my sleep right now, so good night."

"Wait!" Brian exclaimed as she started to stride towards the stairs to go to her room.

"What now?" Kiara asked throwing her hands in the air.