Chapter 30

Third POV.

"See, the enemy battle plans that were used are easier to decode than this." Astrid rolled her eyes at David, he was being silly.

"Let me see. Alright, it says, "take screws E, with washers D, through bar C, using wrench F, which is not provided"." While Emma speaks, Astrid looks through the things given. She was very confused, she was never good at building things.

"Why don't we just call Marko? He's really good at this sort of thing."

"No!"

"No! We're fine."

"No! We can do this!" Astrid fist bumps David, the trio begin to laugh. Mary Margaret just rolls her eyes at the idiots trying to build the cot.

"Should we even be doing this? Ever since the showdown between Regina and the Wicked Witch, we haven't seen or at all. Shouldn't we be focusing on her next move?" Mary Margaret asks in worry, her hand laying protectively over her round stomach.

"We are. We just can't stop living."

"Yeah, don't be silly. We need to enjoy life, even if there is a green Witch trying to kill us all...." Astrid trailed off, noticing the glares she was getting. She smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of her neck.

"Yeah, this crib is a statement. We're not gonna lose another baby." Astrid nodded, she would die to protect the child. Well, she would kind of die, she would just come back as a tribrid.

Regina entered the loft. "And thanks to me, you won't. I'm finished." She said while walking over to them, while handing Astrid a spell book, and a way to combine her own magic with theirs.

"So? Did it work? Were you able to put up a new protection spell?" David trusted Astrid's magic, but they never knew it this type of witch would be able to break the spell. So that's why they were all excited for her to finish the ritual, so they never have to worry about it again.

"One that can't be undone by blood magic. Which means, Zelena won't be able to put her hands on that baby." Regina said while pulling away from Astrid's hug.

"Any idea why she would want to?"

"The number of spells involving baby parts would surprise you. That greenie is clearly one twisted witch. But as long as we're in here, we're safe." Astrid snorted at the nickname.

"That's useless. I think we need to stop playing defence and start taking the fight to her." Astrid nodded with Emma, even if her magic was a tricky subject, she still had her Supernatural strength and speed.

"Did you not see how I barely outwitted her yesterday? She has magic! Powerful magic. And until Astrid does the ritual, she can't help much either!" Astrid nodded at this too, she really needed to sort out her magic.

"I have magic too. You've seen me use it. I just can't always control it. But if we teamed up, if you taught me--"

"Now why does this feel so familiar?" Regina smirked, her eyes were humourless.

"I'm ready this time." Astrid cut out the rest of the conversation, she looked down at the ritual. It didn't seem to difficult, all she needed to do was get her blood, a witch's blood and her love of her life's blood. Then she would mix it, and drink. Then it would combine her own magic with the magic of this land. She would be able to do her spells normally, but she would also be able to use the magic of the land. She would finally be able to help her family.

"Well, you guys are tired. You need to rest." Astrid zoned back in, she noticed that Regina had left.

"I'm pregnant. I'm not sick with the flu."