Knight of Converse - Chapter twenty three

Start from the beginning

“Sol!” she screamed, with tears running down her face. I pushed her behind me, not for a second taking my eyes off the demons. They stopped fighting. Duran backed up towards me. They all stopped.

“What the hell is happening?” Misty cried.

“Run,” I told her. “Run and keep going, get help. Run!”

“I’m scared!”

I turned around and grabbed her arms. “Listen to me, right now. I’ll protect you, no matter what. Run, now!” I shouted, and she scrambled around and set off in a sprint.

When I turned around, I gasped at the sight. Her hair was a wild red mane, hanging down to her waist. She emerged from the portal like an angel from heaven. Except she brought no blessings, no miracles. Just evil. When she stood up, she shook her hair out and the portal slammed shut.

Her smirk was malicious. “Ambrosius,” she breathed. “Alas, in the flesh, we are met.”

I didn’t hesitate before I lobbed a hex at her, with an easy flick of her hand she deflected it and laughed. I clenched my jaw and walked forwards towards where she stood in the middle.

“Go to hell,” I spat at her, and sent another hex at her. She jumped out of the way, but it caught her shoulder, and singed through her leather attire.

“Impressive,” she breathed out. “Thou art swift.”

“You shouldn’t be here!” I yelled at her.

“And yet I am,” she smiled, and then looked behind me at Duran. She pursed her pink lips. “As handsome as your father, Pendragon,”

“Witch,” Duran snarled.

“However nay as easy to kill,” she deadpanned, her smile falling into a cruel grimace. “Tonight you die.”

“Over my dead body!” I retorted.

“So be it,” she said softly.

Morgasa screeched and spun around, sending hexes at me faster than I had ever seen them fly. She wielded the darkness like a sword. I tried to deflect them all the best I could, but I just wasn’t as skilled. I tripped and fell to the ground, hearing Duran’s calls from the distance. She stepped towards me with a laugh, but as soon as I spotted her feet, I kicked my leg out and she tripped and fell to the ground with a startled shriek.

She was fast to her feet, but I was faster with my fist. I sucker punched her in the cheek and she fell to the ground. “That’s how we do it in 2012, bitch.”

“Thoust art an imbecile!” she screamed.

I felt my power waning, but drew more energy from the full moon. “No, you’re the dumbass who thought you could rock up into my town, and fuck my shit up. No bitch. No. I kicked her in the stomach and she rolled over with a grunt. She flicked her wrist out and sent me spinning back into the ground a few feet away. I crashed with a groan.

“I will have your town, before that I will have your head!” she screamed at me again.

“You’re psychotic!”

She burst out laughing. “You think we art of difference, you and I?”

“I’m nothing like you!”

“Imbecile!” she screeched. “You know nothing of hardship! I come from a time girl, where witches like us are persecuted! Shamed! Hunted!” she pointed at Duran. “All under the rule of your precious Pendragons!” she spat.

I looked back at his fiercely narrowed eyes. “Witches that wield dangerous magic are a danger to all!” Duran bellowed. She flicked her wrist with a savage baring of her teeth and a slash came upon Duran’s cheek.