PTX VL.II

A/N

Just before you start reading this, i just want you to know that the reviews i placed in here and not cut short. Only 1 is cut short because it's kinda not talking about their music. the reason why i put full reviews is so that you can inderstand it better if it is whole review. i don't know if it make any sense to you but it does to me :P please bare with me. XD

*-*-*-*-*-*

Track List

1. Can't Hold Us

2. Natural Disaster (Pentatonix)

3. Love again (Pentatonix)

4. Valentine

5. Hey Momma/ Hit the Road

6. I Nedd Your Love

7. Run To You (Pentatonix and Ben Bram)

8. Daft Punk

9. Save The World/ Don't You Worry Child

- Realeased on 5 November 2013

-3 and a half originals

- Natural Disaster and Love Again is written by Pentatonix.

- Hey momma is written by Kevin. They just use Hit The Road for the chorus.

- Daft punk Medley 42nsd in Japan Hot 100 Singles (2014)

- Daft Punk got them nominated for a Grammy award. 

- 10th in The Billboard 200(2014)

- 1st in Top Independent Albums(2014)

- 10th in The Billboard 200(2013)

- 2nd in Top Digital Albums(2013)

-1st in Top Independent Albums.(2013)

- From http://www.wakingupafterforty.net/

"PTX Vol. 2 hits with a punch. It’s doesn’t have that “Holy cow, we did it!” vibe, like the first effort. It’s more mature, with direction and purpose. From the first song, you feel a power, a driving force. Avi and Kevin are not just Bass and Beat-box, now, but freaking super-human special effect machines that, combined with exceptional production, create atmosphere and substance that push Pentatonix beyond traditional a cappella. And both of their voices are in there, as well, along with exceptional turns from Scott, Mitch and Kristie. The group’s original works in this effort are truly worth release as singles — and not as “a cappella” efforts, but with the ability to live right next to the hits and efforts of their contemporaries."

"Yes, I said contemporaries. Pentatonix have moved beyond their status as winners of The Sing-Off season three. They have shown their abilities are not just a cappella, but simply musical. The complexity of some of the songs both chorally and technically are masterful, and a joy to experience.The band’s recent video releases are sharp and structured — and so is their music. This album does not disappoint."

"And that’s just as it should be. Progress. Growth. Maturity. Self-assuredness. These are the qualities of PTX Vol. 2, and the qualities of the members of Pentatonix. Think of bands and artists that have a great history, such as the Beatles, or Sinatra: we can look back at their careers and see the progression through their music. This progression has only begun for Pentatonix. They have many years ahead of them, and I can’t wait to see where their growth as artists and as a group takes them."

- From http://www.redbrick.me

"The second album from the acapella group, simply named PTX Vol.2, is a mix of original songs and covers, spanning club hits such as ‘Don’t You Worry Child’, all the way to the 1960’s ‘Hit the Road Jack’. Obviously, due to the fact that the group is acapella, the only instruments in the music are their voices, and they are superb. Bassist Avi Kaplan has a voice that could melt butter (A/N I cannot agree more), and when heard in conjunction with Kevin Olusola’s incredible beatboxing, there’s a good chance that you won’t even realise that the group are singing with no backing. In fact, every member has something to offer, ensuring the group covers all the bases - Kirstie Maldonado adds the female top range harmonies, aided by tenor Mitch Grassi, and the closest thing to a frontman in the form of Scott Hoying completes the package; and the package sounds amazing.