13 ; nassau, bahamas

july 10th

i woke up to brittany shaking me, telling me to get ready for nassau. i only had thirty minutes so i threw on a bathing suit under my tang top and shorts, and packed my backpack. i grabbed cash so i could buy something at the shops.

our family gathered together and we went through all the security to get off the ship. once we were on land i looked around at the smaller ships docked, and atlantis in the distance.

joslyn had told me last night that their whole family was going to atlantis for the day. i wished my family was going too but we of course had no plan of action.

we walked to the town which wasn't far and passed some shops. we would stop and look around but nobody bought anything.

we entered a small souvenir shop and i saw a rack of homemade string bracelets with the prettiest neon colors. i picked out three, one for me and two for my best friends at home. i brought it to the cashier and she rung me up. she handed me back my change and i noticed the penny's had starfish's on them. i slid one in my pocket to put in my journal later.

we walked around more and stopped to eat lunch at a small restaurant on the water.

i constantly kept checking my phone out of boredom.

"you got a hot date?" my grandpa asked

"no grandpa" i laughed

"just bored" i continued

"don't worry you will be back on the ship with your friends soon" he smiled

i smiled back and then put my phone down. i felt bad but i couldn't lie. if it wasn't for the friends i made on this trip i would've jumped off the boat already.

after lunch half my family decided to stay on the island and half wanted to go back, i was obviously trying to go back. we got back on fast because most people were still on the island till 5:30.

first i went to the waterslides and pool with my brother. we recorded go pro videos until the life guard caught us and kicked us out. my brother decided to go to the game room with my cousin so i put my earbuds in and walked around the entire ship.

i just kept thinking about last night and how amazing the rest of this week is going to be.

as i was walking around the back of the casino i noticed big sliding doors, i followed through them and found shuffle board games down a long outdoor hallway. i've never been to this area before so i kept walking all the way to the end. there were stairs and a gate to lock them up but it was opened.

i stepped up them and followed a weird hallway. i didn't know if i was even allowed up here but i kept going.

i gasped at what it led me too.

it was the helicopter landing pad, but also a hangout space with benches. i immediately took pictures and mentally planned to come back here tonight with the group.

i sat down and continued playing my music, i checked my phone once more.

4:30

only one more hour until i'm running around with everyone again. and only one more hour till my lips are on grayson's again.

,