They'll get along just fine, yeah?

So sorry for the wait loves! With the passing of a friend, a family member in a car crash and more my mental health was rubbish for a bit. I'm doing better now, I hope you enjoy this chapter! It's a bit long but it gives you an insight on Angel's life and so on.

Also-thank you for 2k reads! It means a ton.

I wake up in a pleasant mood, in contrast to my normal when I awake

I wake up in a pleasant mood, in contrast to my normal when I awake. Not that I don't enjoy being awake, I do of course considering I've always got so much do, it's rather the getting out of bed that's the hard part. Considering I've got hardwood floors and a decently big room, the air is always much colder to what it is under my incredibly duvet. Though this morning I'm not groaning at the temperature change to come once I unwrap myself from my cocoon of cloth, but I am quite literally jumping out of my bed and making my way towards my en-suite with a smile on my face.

Last night after Zanthus asked me out on a date, something that still baffles me completely, we went back inside and chatted with the other boys for a bit before taking our dessert out of the oven, It was quite good to my thinking that I had wrecked it with my horrible baking skills. Jax enjoyed it a ton, considering the inhumane quantity he served himself, so I figure that's even more to say it turned out well.

It grew dark soon enough, to my dismay, and I didn't want to overdue my stay. Around eight or nine I found myself asking Zanthus for a ride back home. He seemed a bit upset about it as well, but I reminded him we would be going out tomorrow night as well which brightened his mood yet again. The car ride home was nice, a bit awkward to say, but expected considering it was our first time alone in a car. The soft sound of Zanthus's surprisingly good playlist hummed through the speakers, keeping the atmosphere just below tense.

When we got to mine, he walked around the car and opened my door for me. In spite of my previous thinking, it's became apparent to me last night that chivalry really is not dead. We exchanged numbers once I recalled I didn't have his, which would cause issues if something came up. Zanthus had walked me to my door and bid me goodbye with a short hug before I voiced a bye from where I stood inside and shut the door, as he scurried back off to his car.

The only detail that causes me to be a bit upset when overlooking yesterday's events is the fact that Zanthus did indeed stay very quiet when we were together. He seemed to go even more so mute after he asked me out last night, which left me feeling a bit uneasy about the whole thing at the time, and it still does now.

Does he regret it? Does he not truly want to go out with me tonight? It would be entirely upsetting if that was the case, but it would save me from undergoing a more intense embarrassment if he were to reveal this to me after we went out. I shake the thoughts from my head and decide I could do with a good shower to clear my mind from my multitude queries regarding Zanthus.

Checking the time on my phone once I step inside my en-suite, which I left on the counter last night before I went to bed, it reads nine twenty-eight in the morning. This isn't too bad, considering it is a weekend. I would like to say I'm an early riser, but I just was not blessed with those genes. I do a double take of my screen once I realize there's a notification there, something which I never seem to have so it's a real surprise to me. I feel my stomach flip and my cheeks rise in heat when I take note of the text my lock screen holds.