16

The past few days went by smoothly, Gina wasn't a problem the whole trip. She mostly stayed to herself in her room while the rest of them continued to enjoy the rest of the trip. They went swimming the next day and the five of them had a good time. They didn't even care that Gina didn't come along, they were happy.

"Do you like being a assassin?" Cole asked, she was laying on her side, her elbow pressed firm against the bed while her head rested in her hand, staring down at Marcel.

"No," he replied staring up the ceiling. "I use too.. only because I knew that it was bad people that I was killing.. I knew they were no better than me.."

"Then.. why do you still do it?" She questioned, not understanding.

He hesitated on his answer, "I can't tell you that.." he said staring up at the ceiling. Cole frowned and her curiosity grew.

"Why not? I already know enough.." Cole trailed off shrugging her shoulders.

"Exactly, you know enough." Marcel stated making Cole pout.

"I mean I already know enough so you might as well tell me." Cole corrected herself quickly. Marcel chuckled at her eagerness, he gazed down at her before signing.

"I stopped doing that kind of work when Sierra got out of prison.. but I owe someone." Marcel confessed. Cole perked up at the information, wanting to know more.

"How come you haven't paid them? I know your loaded.." Cole stated thinking about how much this trip cost and that big ass jet he owned.

"Money ain't enough.." Cole was getting frustrated at the little bits of information he was sharing. She wanted him to clarify what he meant not read between the lines. "I killed this man's son, I'll forever be in debt dealing with him.."

That's when everything begin to click and her eyes widen slightly. "So.. that's why you still do it." Cole stated her thoughts out loud. "Y-You can't just.. kill him?" Cole couldn't believe she was suggesting this but the thought of him owing his life to someone didn't sit well with her.

"He's a powerful man.. I wouldn't be able to take him down, his security team is too big.. trust me I've already thought about that." Marcel replied. Cole rested her head on her pillow, wondering why Marcel killed the man's son.

"Why did you kill him?" She had to ask, the suspense was killing her as she stared at him curiously.

"He was trying to kill me, I had to take him out.. his dad's security walked in right when I dropped him." Marcel explained. "He gave me a deal.. I either work for him or he kills me.. he made me choose with a gun to my head.."

It was the first time anyone had ever bested Marcel.  He was a smart guy, always stayed ten steps ahead but that night was unfortunate for him. He didn't want to take the deal but it was life or death situation and he had to decided wether he wanted to live or die. In that moment, he realized he was not ready to die and so he chose to live.

Cole frowned, she couldn't imagine how he was feeling during that moment but she knew it wasn't anything good. Her hand reached out to caress him, she softly rubbed her hands against his chest reassuringly. "So, he can call you right now and order you to kill anyone.. and you have to do it or you die?" Cole asked to confirm her thought.

Marcel nodded his head yes. As Cole thoughts begin to run a mile per minute. She was worried.. what if he called Marcel to kill an innocent person.. the fact that Marcel didn't even have a choice in the matter brought fear to her heart. "Aren't you worried?" Cole asked. "He could have you kill a kid.. and you would have too.." she stated.

"I am.. but I haven't really thought about it.." Marcel replied honestly. Cole couldn't accept that.. him killing an innocent nor him being killed. The two of them sat in silence, Cole couldn't get out of her thoughts. She was thinking of a solution to get him out of that situation but nothing was sticking.