Aeron gets to my house around six, which is when Dad usually gets home. Since he said he's going to miss supper, I figure he'll get home around eight or so.

"So, we probably have a couple of hours all to ourselves," I tell him. "What would you like to do?"

"Well, I came straight here from work, so I could really use a shower." He grins as he walks toward me, causing me to smile and walk backward until my back is against my bedroom door. "Do you need a shower?" He puts his arms on each side of my head as he leans his face close to mine.

It feels like hundreds of dormant butterflies come to life inside my stomach. "Um, I took one this morning, before school."

Yes, we've had sex, but it was under blankets or with some of our clothes on. We've not been completely and totally naked together out in the open, which a shower calls for.

"I'm thinking it will feel really good to take another one, though, don't you?" he asks as he kisses my neck.

"Um...." He makes it hard to think rationally. "What if my dad comes home? We won't hear him."

"You'd be in the shower." His breath makes me shiver. "Nothing odd about that. Even if it was, I don't think he'd come barging into the shower while you're in there, do you?"

"No."

"But I can take one alone. I've done it every day of my life." He kisses his way up to my mouth, but I stop him.

"Have you?"

He looks at me. "Have I what? Taken a shower every day?"

"No, have you taken one alone every day?"

"Yeah." He raises his hand to my face. "I know I was your first, but you're my first in a lot of ways, too."

"How many girls have you been with?" It's the first time I've ever asked him, even though I've always wanted to know.

"They don't matter, now."

"They?" Great, it's more than one.

He drops his head before looking back up at me. "When I was sixteen, I went out with a girl who... well, she wanted to. I'm a guy. I was sixteen. I know that's no excuse, but I had no reason to tell her no."

"Who else?"

I can feel the intensity in his stare and have to look away, but he pulls my face back toward his. "I dated a girl before you, before I moved here."

I wait, but he doesn't say anything as he continues to stare at me. "Is that it?" I ask hesitantly.

"No."

My heart sinks. I never realized I could be so jealous of someone I don't even know. I have to share that part of him with these girls and I don't even know their names, don't want to know. Actually, I'd heard enough.

"I don't want to hear about any more," I admit.

"Yeah, you need to hear about this one."

I shake my head, feeling disgusted, at this point, like I'm just another girl on his list. There's no way I want to know exactly how long that list is.

He ignores me. "Yeah, you do because she means more to me than either one of them. She's the one who's made me question everything. Who I am. Why I'm here. My past. My future." He lowers his head and sighs before kissing me.

When he pulls away, I open my eyes. "I really hope the she you're talking about is me."

He laughs. "It's always you. After the last few months, it feels that way. Like it always has been and always will be you." He drops his arms from beside my head and pulls me to him, hugging me tightly. "I love you so much it hurts. It really does. I never thought...." He takes a deep breath but doesn't say anything else.