Chapter 11 - Formality

Start from the beginning

Stiles glares and in return hits the ball off my forehead, catching it as he stands up and faces Scott "You know, you probably lost it when you two were fighting. You remember that, when he was trying to kill you, after you interrupted him trying to kill Jackson? Are you starting to see a pattern of violent behavior here?"

Scott stops his movements and looks over at us "He wasn't going to kill anyone– and I'm not letting him die."

Stiles's face drips with annoyance while he flicks his hands out "Could you at least think about letting him die? For me?"

I turn my head to him "He did save us the night in the hospital with Nurse Hatchet and Peter"

He rolls his eyes as a response, turning his attention to Scott and squinting his eyes causing me to turn my head as well.

Scott has his listening face in full force, and I hear Stiles behind me mutter "What?"

"Mom just got home from work."

Stiles sits in the desk chair with his chest resting against the back. He crosses his arms on top of the seat and furrows his brows while Scott stands up from the headboard and goes to lean against the bed near the window. His face has drawn into a frown as he listens to whatever he can that we can't bullshit non sharing werewolf hearing

I cross my arms while Stiles flicks his eyes from me to Scott, both of us seeing him let out a soft sigh.

"Is she okay?" Stiles inquires while I turn more and lift one leg up on the bed to look at Scott seeing him shake his head, I add "What's she doing?"

Scott connects his sad eyes with mine "Crying."

Stiles sighs and drops his hands to his lap "Scott, you can't protect everyone."

Scott looks up and shakes his head "I have to."

⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇

The boys open the locker room door and I step out of the way as a very sweaty and nervous looking Jackson goes running past. We follow him and watch from around a corner as he rushes down the hall, slamming his body into the locker next to Allison's.

I turn to look at Stiles and Scott as they look at the scene before us "What the hell did you do to him, Scotty?" I chuckle and cross my arms looking back towards the pair down the hall.

Stiles snorts "Well Jackson wasn't exactly up for helping keep Allison safe at the dance out of the goodness of his heart, so Scott wolf-suaded a bit."

I raise my brows "Wolf-suaded huh?" and flick my gaze to Scott who shakes his head "I just confirmed to him I am what he so desperately wants to be."

Scott flicks his gaze back to Allison and lets out a deep exhale as he leans on the wall to peer around the corner "At least he said they were going as 'just friends' four times," he rolls his eyes as Jackson looks over at us quickly before sharing a laugh with Allison.

Stiles and I share a look before he hits Scott on the shoulder "Hey, don't worry. We'll still be there."

I flick my head to him, disagreeing instantly "I'm not going."

Both of them turn to look at me, opening and closing their mouths before Scott's voice breaks their stunned silence "What? That– that's not what Allison said"

I shake my head and adjust the strap of my bag on my shoulder "Allison has a date so she shouldn't really get a say."

"They're going as friends" Scott reminds and I shrug, mumbling lowly "Still more than what I got."