Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

Chapter 8

One brand of shoes littered the sales floor of Adorn. Ralph & Russo. Indigo was 21 when she first became acquainted with the brand on the Neiman Marcus sales floor. It wasn't because she was the person selling them to eager customers, but quite the opposite. She was the one eye stalking the feet of a sophisticated business woman strutting through the store. The simple black patent leather pump with embellished gold leaves running up the heel. They were elegant and striking. Unfortunately, neither of the shoes called out to her.

This had never happened before. Picking shoes to go with an outfit was her gift. It's the talent she used to create a profitable boutique. She used it just this morning to match a gold pump with the cropped green sweater and skinny blue jean combo she was wearing now. But the ability was failing her for the biggest moment of her life. She couldn't decide what shoe to pair with her wedding dress.

"Indigo, come on!" Hazel threw up her arms. Her exasperation getting the best of her. Maid of Honor duty was trying her ability to cater. "You're worse than Yolanda?"

Indigo gasped from her spot on the purple leather bench. Her palm wrapped around the Percolate cup tighter as she sat up, erectly from bringing up the one customer that wore indecision like a badge of honor.

"That's cruel." Indigo uncrossed her legs. "I'm nowhere near as bad as her. We just have one designer here. Not a five."

Hazel shook her head as if she didn't agree, then gestured to the floor, "This can't be that hard. The dress is ivory. Plus, no one is going to see it, so there's actually no wrong choice."

Indigo reeled back as if her friend just insulted her mama. "Colors have meaning." She pointed to a pump in the middle of the floor. "Red... passion." Then pointed to the shoe next to it. "Green... wealth, success." Then she pointed to the shoe by Hazel's foot. "Purple. My fave... luxurious, intriguing, thoughtful."

"This is the shit spinning in your head right now?"

Indigo nodded before tipping the cup to her lips.

"Well, that's the definition of overthinking and reaching too far. The only question that you need to ask yourself is..." Hazel bent down and picked up a pointy toe, stiletto heel navy pump. "How sexy will I look? And how sexy will I feel on my wedding day? That's all. That's it." She quipped as if it was very simple.

"If we're going on sexy... then it's black." She leaned over and picked up the patent leather pump a couple of inches from her feet. "But my colors are emerald, copper, champagne, and ivory."

Four colors. Shit! She was becoming indecisive like Yolanda, but to her defense, Tulip provided a good plan for the color scheme. She'd be a fool to whittle down her wedding planner's perfect vision that she described as rustic and elegant.

"Fine." Hazel grabbed two different colored heels from the floor. "Emerald and gold. Two choices that'll both look good on you and with your color scheme." She quipped the last words sarcastically.

"Emerald's beautiful, but I don't want to look like the Wizard of Oz."

"Uh, bitch, you're working my last nerve." Hazel chortled, shoving both shoes into her chest.

Indigo chuckled, grabbing the shoes before they dropped to the floor. "Hazey, no! I need you."

"That's what they all say." Hazel joked, spinning around on the heels of her booties with a clever smirk.

Indigo rolled her eyes with humor, toying on her naturally made-up face. "I'll try these on with my dress and see which one I like." Her watch vibrated on her wrist and she turned it to read the notification.