chapter 22 - sorry

reasons to hate myself: this chapter. the title is literally my only thoughts right now how matching isn't that

Madison Lowe

"Maddieee." Jason groaned, dragging out the end of my name. "Go away. I'm trying to feed her." I felt the tiniest bit awkward with Jason being in the room while I breast feed Alyssa. "I wanna kiss." He muttered like a little child in need of his candy. "I'm busy."

"Just one." His face came closer to mine and I pressed my lips against his quickly, closing my eyes of course. "Thank you, babe."

Jason stayed by my side and I could tell something was up but that he wasn't sure how to express himself. The way his fingers seemed to struggle letting one another out of the grips gave it all away. His hands always revealed if he was nervous or anxious. "Speak."

"Are you okay?" He began. "I mean- I kept my feelings bottled up when I lost my parents but you're not that type of person- If you want to talk I'm right here. It worries me not to hear you talk about them, it's like they were never here. Even Blossom is opening up to me the slightest bit but you're so-" I sighed at his never ending sentences. "Are you done? I don't wanna talk or think about it. I'm learning to let go and this is the only way I can do so. Don't bring it up again."

"Don't be rude, Madison." He shot at me. "I won't sit here and take care shit from you. You know me, the only one in this world who cares about you." He spoke coldly, making my heart freeze for a second. "Don't say it like that." I whispered and looked up at him to find him looking straight at me.

"Don't say it like what? Sometimes the truth needs to be told, Maddie. You have no one but me. Haven't you learned that yet?" My cheeks were a bit heated, I was embarrassed about what he was saying. I had one person who truly cared for me, it was sad.

No friends, no family.

"Just because I'm that one person who has nobody... Does that make you any better?" I asked carefully, dripping of sarcasm and answered my own question directly after. "It really doesn't. You're fucking excused."

"Maddie." He followed me outside the bedroom. "I didn't mean it like that. Baby, you're perfect. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that." He grasped my hand in his own and swiftly pulled me, along with Alyssa, into his arms. "Baby, I shouldn't have brought it up. Look at me."

I didn't want to look at him because he'd realize that I wasn't exactly upset about it anymore. I was already over it and had the biggest grin on my face after just hearing him apologize so sweetly. Pussy.

I used all my strenght to focus on the little girl in my arms instead. "Madison? Look. At. Me." I carefully peeked up and could not contain the smile. His face dropped. "Oh, God."

"I hate you." He giggled. "I hate you more." I held Alyssa out as a signal for Jason to take her, which he gladly did. "Burp her. I have to pee." He smiled and began to bump her in his grip, having her lean onto his shoulder.

Walking up to the bathroom door, I was suddenly blocked by Blossom. "What's up?" I questioned carefully. "I need your help with something." She spoke as I bent down. "Be quick, please. I really have to pee."

"I was with Alex and the boys just now and they talked about Alex's birthday. I wanna get him a gift." She blushed at the end of her sentence and I giggled. "We'll get something. Tomorrow? Promise." I stuck my pinky out for her to grab with her own and she did.

"Try and think of something to get him." I whispered in a yelling tone after her. I watched her skip down the hallway happily, which made me smile. I was happy with how things were right then and there.

-

No One's POV.

But Maddie and Jason also had the responsibility to give her an actual childhood in this house. Madison, as her sister, was responsible for protecting her. She was worried for what the future would bring, if this was even going to matter in her upcoming switch of personalities and attitude.

Was she going to be a messy teenager? Popular? Bullied? Hurt? Happy? Sporty? Hungry? Would she take after her sister and get pregnant on her 18th birthday? Only God knew, and Blossom along with her family members were about to find out. When the time came.

a / n - i wanna know what kind of teenager you think Blossom will turn out to be? i already have a picture painted in my mind but your opinions matter and will probably affect it a bit