chapter 2: sticky sweet situation

Comenzar desde el principio

I went towards the break room and grabbed a plate to get some food from the buffet. After piling my plate to be only enough, I got a fork and napkins and sat down to eat. I took my cell out to reply back to Chandler. As much as I wanted to block him, I knew that I never would.

to 212.655.0987 - No, I'm good thanks

He responded quickly, 212.655.0987 - Why not?

I groaned as I stuffed potatoes in my mouth, to 212.655.0987 - Because I'm busy tonight just like how you're busy all week

212.655.0987 - Sugar...

212.655.0987 - At least let me give you a ride home after you get off

to 212.655.0987 - I said no, but then again thank you

Chandler left me on read and I thanked God for letting him make that choice. I put my attention on my game Episode and proceeded to eat my first meal of the day.

The food here at the Park Hyatt never fails to amaze me. I honestly want to have a little chat with the chef again to find out some more recipes. These potatoes are hitting the spot.

Speaking of hitting the spot, "Good afternoon, Mr. Cane."

"Good afternoon, Ms. Winston." He grinned as he grabbed himself a plate.

He is one of the few people that call me that at this job. I also knew that when he was finished making his plate, he was going to sit right beside me. Though he is my manager and is very kind to me, he wanted to lie with me in bed.

It was no secret, yet he didn't really show favoritism. He kept it professional most of time with his employees, yet me and this other woman named Rachel were his main eye candy.

"I take it that you haven't ate breakfast again this morning." He spoke putting his plate on the table.

"And what makes you think that?"

He sat in the chair next to mine, "You don't come in here on your breaks unless you had breakfast."

"How come everyone seems to notice that?" I frowned.

He shrugged, "I'm not so sure, Ms. Winston."

"You know when I'm not on the clock you can drop the honorifics." I said as I ate some sliced strawberries.

"I'm fine with them."

"Alright." I put my focus back on my phone.

It felt like his eyes were burning holes through me causing me to blush. My lips bashfully formed into a smile as I gradually ate my brunch.

"You don't speak above a whisper do you?"

I bit my bottom lip, "Not really."

"Why is that?"

"I don't know." I muttered softly with an awkward shrug.

I always tend to get shy around him when this happens. Or at least I pretend to be.

"You know, even though you're soft-spoken, the guests don't seem to think your attitude matches. I've been getting major complaints on how you leave things out and being quite arrogant with them."

I balled my mouth up. That crude witch!

"What?" I scoffed, "Mr. Cane, you know I always do my job right and put in an effort. I don't know why they would say things like that about me."

I mentally smirked as he said, "I know, Ms. Winston. If I get anymore complaints, I'll have to give you a warning."

"I'll make sure it won't happen again, sir."