Imperfect

I looked up at her. Her locks of hair shine and flow gently in the mellow breeze. My hair is frizzy and unevenly cut from the time my sister played with scissors. It's scraggly. I am not perfect.

Her skin glows and her radiant smile shows two rows of straight, pearl white teeth. My rare smiles reveal a set of crooked teeth. My skin stays dry no matter how much lotion I apply. I am not perfect.

Her perfectly manicured nails are shade of light pink top her slender fingers. My nails are short. They are cut at a jagged line near my nail bed. I cannot stop my nervous habit of biting my nails. I am not perfect.

Her clothes fit her in all the right places, accenting each and every curve. My brother's hand-me-downs are big and loose. It's not as if clothes could make a difference on my body. I am not perfect.

Her laughs remind me of tinkling bells and her voice is as smooth as honey. I snort each time I laugh. I sound as if though I have a cold when I speak. I am not perfect.

I'm not perfect and I never will be. At night, I curl up in a ball and cry into my pillow to stifle my sobs. I cry out an ocean. I cry until I cannot cry anymore. I'm broken.

Little do I know that she is lying down on her bed. Never -ending tears roll down her cheek as fast as race cars. She cries because she knows that she is not perfect. She cries because she is broken.

~~~~

A/N:

This includes a little motivation as well...so read on. :)

This is for every single person who is insecure, because everyone has insecurities. If you don't, you can't be human. Achieving perfection may be a goal for some, but know that ultimate perfection means that you don't improve, you don't learn, and in some sense, you are a robot. You should take time to to appreciate yourself, not just accept that you are "okay" or "alright", because in your own way you are beautiful, no matter what anyone says. The word imperfect has, if you look closely, the word "I'm perfect". Think of perfection in your own way, not in the dictionary definition. So, be happy that you are who you are, because I know that someone, or yourself even, appreciates who you are as a person. Don't think skin deep. Look all the way into your heart. In that sense, everyone has a bit of good inside them. I hope that this helped you see that you are perfect just the way you are, that you shouldn't change, that you have to appreciate yourself before you appreciate others.

I love each and every single one of you. So...share to the people you know need this motivation, vote, and comment your definition of perfection :)

Do you want me to add more motivational stuff?

Is there anything I can improve on for the writing?

I really hope this made a difference <3

Less than three,

Myth