Chapter 14: Girl at Home

Chapter 14:

(P.O.V Ava)

When I woke the next morning, I realized that I was in Charlie’s guest room.

Honestly, I didn’t remember how I got in here.

Then I realized that I had fallen asleep on his couch, so he must have carried me in here.

I smiled.

You don’t deserve him…

Oh shut up brain.

No one wants to talk to you.

I got out of bed, and snuck into the living room. I heard a noise in the kitchen, and calmly walked in.

Charlie was cooking…

“Morning, dear.” He said.

I yawned. “G’mornin’. What’cha cooking?” I asked.

“Well, I made you a veggie omelet because I know you don’t like meat. Its in the microwave, because I didn’t want it to get cold. Did you sleep well?” Charlie said.

“Yea…thanks for…y’know letting me stay and all.” I said, suddenly nervous.

Suddenly, the front door swung open, and an angry Maddy came rushing in.

“What the hell is wrong with you!?” she yelled.

“Umm…what?” I asked.

“Why didn’t you tell him!You had him you your palms!” she yelled.

I knew what she was talking about, although I don’t think Charlie knew. He was looking at me with a confused/curious/jealous face. He almost looked hurt, probably because the first thing he thought of was that I was with someone else.

“Because. I have a theory.”  I said.

Maddy scoffed. “And what would that be?”

I took a bite of toast.

“If we let Cassie tell Dan that the baby she is carring is his. And in a few months she will be far enough along to get a paternity test. Then, when the results say Charlie, Dan will find out that Cassie is a no-good, two timing, lying, piece of trash, and he will leave her.” I said.

“Easy now, that no good two timing piece of trash did sleep with you boyfriend.”  Maddy said.

I rolled my eyes. “No, she took advantage of my boyfriend.”

“Except that he isn’t you boyfriend.” Maddy said.

“Oh…you umm…haven’t told anyone have you?” Charlie said, looking at me with sad eyes.

“No, I didn’t think you wanted me too, not until Cassie was solved. But I will. Its not like I have that many people to tell anyway.” I said.

“Tell people what?” Maddy asked, confused.

“Weeeelllll….” I said, awkwardly.

“Oh, Ava you didn’t!” Maddy said.

‘What? Am I not allowed to move on?” I snapped.

Maddy grabbed my arm, pulling me into Charlie’s guest room.

Then, she slapped me.

“Ow! What the hell was that for?” I asked, raising my hand to my cheek.

“Trying to knock some since back into you!” she said.

“Why? Dan has moved on. Granted she is a royal pain, and we are trying to make him leave her, but still there is no going back. He will never take me back after what I did, and I don’t blame him. I’m not going to wait around for him my whole life, Maddy.” I said.