Chapter 18;

A Few Months Later

P.O.V. Ava

Thing were finally normal and boring. I had picked up a decent following on YouTube surprisingly, my music career actually taking off. Maddy and I have patched things up a bit, but she was still waiting for Dan and I together.

Charlie and Cassie surprisingly together, and were ready at any time for their baby girl to be born. I was excited, they were naming her Alexia McDonnel.

Currently, I sat in my room, composing a new song on my key board for my YouTube channel. Maddy was at school, and Dan and Phil were arriving home at some point back from America. They went over for a YouTube convention.

Dan had said over the phone that he needed to talk to me about something really important. I tried to hold my curiosity to a minimum because I knew it would only cause me trouble and stress. Which I was trying to avoid.

"Ava? We're home!" I heard Phil's familiar voice call from downstairs.

I smiled and rushed up from my desk, sprinting (as best I could) down the stairs. I hugged Phil, then Dan, and couldn't wait to hear about America.

Suddenly I felt a buzz from my pocket. Pulling out my phone, I saw that my mom was calling.

"Hello mom? Whats up?" I said.

"Oh nothing honey, can't a mother just call to say hello to her only daughter?" my mom said.

"Yes, except you never have...you are up to something." I said, smirking.

"Oh, Ava you are too suspicious. But actually, I will tell you that I got to properly meet those two British friends of yours. Lovely young men, both of them.'' She said.

"Oh really?" I said, raising an eyebrow at Dan.

"Oh my, it's getting late. I best be off. Love you Ava, be safe." mom said, before hanging up.

Dan smiled awkwardly at me, and I chuckled. "So, you went to visit my mom, huh?"

"Yea...that's part of what I wanted to speak about." Dan said.

I nodded, and glance at Phil, who smirked and winked at me.

"Well, let's talk." I said, anxious.

Dan motioned for me to follow him, and he led me to him room. I sat on his bed, while he sat in his famous butt chair.

"So, what's up? Wait...you haven't gotten someone else pregnant have you?'' I said, half serious and half joking.

Dan laughed. "No, no. I just wanted...oh jeez, your mom said this would be easy."

I gave him a questioning look. "Why did you go see my mom while you were in New York?"

"Well...I wanted to ask her if...she thought that we would be a good idea?" he said, awkwardly.

"Dan...I don't understand. Are you saying..."

"Listen, I really like you Ava. Obviously. And we have both royally screwed up, a lot. But putting all that aside, we never really got to give us a chance. So what do you say? Ava Williams, will you be my girlfriend?" Dan said.

My eyes went wide, and I stared at Dan for a moment. Then another moment. And then a third moment. Dan's expression frowned and turn extremely worried. I snapped myself out of it.

I open my mouth to answer him, but before I could form a word, he jumped up from his chair and scurried over to his dresser. Opening the top drawer, he pulled out a white envelope, handing it to me, and then back to his butt chair.

"This wasn't exactly how I planned for this conversation to go, I actually wanted you to read that first..." he said, awkwardly as he fixed his fridge.

Without a word, I opened the envelope.

Dear Ava,

You once wrote me a letter explaining your feeling for me, upon your death, and hoped that I would go on with my life. Even if you weren't here. You said you wanted me to move on with a nice girl, and have tiny Howell's running around. 

And in my grief stricken mind, I thought that I was following your last words, but Cassie was not who I thought she was, or at least she wasn't acting like it.

And you are alive...

My feeling for you never died, and they grow stronger everyday, as clique as it sounds. We have been through a lot together, all the while, finding a way to somehow work it out to remain friends.

While it was easier said then done, we got through it all, and now we hopefully sit across my room, as friends.  

I made a pit stop to your family home in New York while at a YouTube convention, to ask your mother for her blessing.

(And no I'm not asking you to marry me, keep calm)

But because I wanted to ask you to take a step with me, to fulfill a promise I made to you almost three years ago; That I would move on with a beautiful girl.

So...will you be my girlfriend, Ava?

p.s. if you say no this will be extremely awkward and I am very sorry.

-Dan

I looked up at Dan, setting the letter beside me. Dan's expression changed from terrified to extremely sad, and I gently smiled.

"Ava...you're crying..." he said.

I reached up, touching my cheek, where there was a salty tear drop falling from my eye, which I hadn't even noticed. "I...guess I am. But...Dan I don't know what to say."

He nodded sadly, and stood up. "I understand, and it's okay Ava. We can still be friends."

I smiled. "Oh stop that you silly British boy. Of course I'll be your girlfriend!"

Dan smiled, and stepped towards me, his long arms picking me up in a hug and spinning me around.

We stopped spinning, and I looked at Dan. I just stared at his facial features for a moment, processing what just happened.

"FINALLY" I heard Maddy shout from the doorway. I laughed, and looked at Dan.

"Come on, let's go watch a movie." I said, not bothering to try to control the massive smile.

Dan nodded. "Sounds good."

THE END OF BOOK 2

Now then, wasn't that lovely! Dan and Ava finally together!

Buuuut I bet you are wondering what happens now? What does their future hold for these two?

WELL! I am going to write a short story book that tells the major events that happen in the relationship between Dan and Ava.

I am doing a short story book because I really don't have any ideas for a full third novel, but I do have some good ideas for key stories, hence why I'm doing a collection of short stories.

It will be called Welcome To The Future and should be posted soon!