Chapter 17

**Summer**

I look at my eyes in the mirror. "Magnus! How are they gold?! I'm half vampire and Shadowhunter. Don't you think that me dying would take the Angelic powers I got from my parents?" I ask him and he holds onto his head honestly confused. "I don't know Summer, this is new ground we are on here. I figured it would take your powers away, that's why Raf left. If turning a Shadowhunter into a half vampire, half Shadowhunter being make them change, wouldn't that mean Alexander would have changed in some way too?" He says to me his mind in another place.

"What if he has but hasn't noticed or tried to see it?" I ask him and he looks at me for a few seconds, saying nothing. "Disappear and reappear somewhere else." He tells me and I close my eyes and try to do just that. I push my mind as hard as I can but I can't do it. "I----I... I can't do it. I lost them...." I say, trying to shake out the headache I now have.

"You just need rest, we can see if you did in a week or so Sum--" Magnus starts saying but I cut him off. "No!" I yell at him, turning to come face to face with him. "There's no point. My fight is gone, Magnus." I say just above a whisper now. I walk away and out of the room and Magnus doesn't even think to stop me.

Once I open the doors I use my new vamp speed and leave the institute and let the doors slam shut behind me.

I got to the place where only two people were ever able to find me. My mom and Raf, yet both are gone now.

And now, more then ever, do I feel completely and utterly alone. My mom is gone, my lover is gone. Ven my dad is gone! And now... As if all that pain and death isn't enough, I lose my powers too.

And I didn't even lose my lover from death, I lost him by him giving up on me and leaving. And that hurts more then him dying would. Because I'll know he's still out there, most likely falling in love with another and forgetting all about me and what we had.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sit and listen to all around me. My vamp hearing makes everything louder. I hear the water crash onto the rocks, trees moving, birds chirping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*3 months later* (Still Summer)

Everyday since I first turned into a half vampire - half shadowhunter, every night I couldn't sleep, which has been every night, I would come here when everyone was asleep and just listen to all that was around me.

But today it felt different. Today there were new sounds, the rustling of the leaves, the soft feet hitting the ground with every step. But with that, I knew who it was. I knew who it had to be. Human steps aren't as light as those steps are, meaning it is a shadowhunter who activated there silent rune (is that what it's called, idk)

I hear them turn the last corner and stop, watching me. "Been awhile, Raf. What finally brings you to show up?"

*VOTE
*COMMENT
*FOLLOW
*SHARE