39.

Shawn Mendes
Our wedding was all that I could have hoped for. And before the night ended I had a surprise for Faye up my sleeve. As all of our guests left our reception ballroom, it was just me and my beautiful wife.
"I'm glad we've not left too much mess for them" Faye smiled as she held up her dress and jumped in my Range Rover.
"So am I Mrs Mendes" I smiled and I saw her blush.
"I'm going to have to get used to being called that now." She smiled.
"So. I've got a little surprise for you." I said starting the car.
"What is it?"
"Honey If I told you it wouldn't be much of a surprise" I laughed.

It took us half an hour to get there but when we did it was magical. I parked in the drive way of the house. Our house. It overlooked Toronto and was surrounded by trees and a garden. It was old fashioned on the outside but modern on the inside.
"Shawn this is someone home we can't park here" Faye said as I helped her out of the car.
"It is someone's home. It's our home Faye" I said and her jaw dropped.
"I'm sorry what?!" She said and I nodded smiling down at her.
"Im in the process of selling my other house" I shrugged.
"There was nothing wrong with your old house. I can see it from here" she giggled.
"But that was my house. This is our house. It's starting new for us" I smiled and she reached up her soft hand and rested it against my cheek.
"Want to see inside?" I asked holding her hand and she nodded quickly.

I picked her up in my arms and she let out the sweetest laugh I've ever heard. She held my neck and I smiled down at her.
"I've waited so long to do this" I said and pushed open the door with my foot.
She slipped out of my arms and looked around. I shut and locked the door and watched her twirl around in the open space.
"This will be so perfect for us!" She beamed. "We can have sofas here, ooh and a tv here and we could have-"
I took her into my arms again and hugged her tight.
"I love you more than you could ever believe" I told her and she nodded.
"I know Shawn. I love you too"
"So as you can see I've not unpacked anything because I wanted us to do that together. However, I have put together one thing" I smiled and suddenly felt like a little school boy again.
I shrugged off my bow tie and jacket and took her hand. Leading her up to our room. It was the top room in the house. It was large and open, with large windows over looking the city. The only thing in the room was the large bed I had set up the day before, roses scattered around the room.

I took Faye in my arms and pulled her close to my body, kissing her lightly.
"I'm scared" she said leaning her forehead on mine.
"Why are you scared? What is there to be scared off?" I said and we went to sit down on the bed.
"I want us to have a family Shawn" she said and I brushed her cheek with my thumb.
"So do I"
"But what if I can't give you that?"
"We're a team. I'm willing to try and try and try again until we get this little family that we both want. I love you" I said and she smiled.
"I love you too Shawn"
I kissed her and slowly she reached up and started to undo the buttons on my shirt.
"Today's been the most perfect day I could have asked for" she smiled as I lightly undid the buttons on her dress.
"It really has. I love this dress. You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in my life" I smiled. "And I can't wait to start this life together"

As we lie there together my shirt and trousers on one side of the room, Faye's dress the other side of the room, I felt closer to her than I ever had before.
I brushed my hand through her hair and as she looked up at me I saw her smile and that was all I needed.
"This is beautiful Shawn. When did you do all this?"
"The two days where we didn't see each other" I grinned.
"Why have you gone all shy?" She giggled and put her hands around my neck.
"I don't know. I feel like I'm at the start of our relationship again."
"You're so cute. But one things different. I'm your wife now. Not your student" she said and kissed my cheek.
"You may not be my student but you're still my love, and my saviour"