Chapter 25 ~ The Text

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, we were friends before I got famous," I admitted, also ignoring the fact that we had also been in a relationship. I didn't have a problem with coming out, but I wasn't so sure my management would be too happy if I did since they had decided to put up dates with different girls for me when rumors about me being bisexual had started bubbling up.

"I see. So he's a close friend of yours?"

I pulled at my lower lip with my index finger and thumb as I nodded my head slowly. "We were very close, but we kind of drifted apart when my life changed," I said, not wanting to tell the whole truth. I was too embarrassed about it.

"I see. Would you mind if you told us his name?" He asked gingerly as if it could be sensitive for me.

Furrowing my eyebrows together, I pursed my lips. "I'd rather not. I wouldn't want him to get more unwanted comments like he's already received."

He seemed to understand me as he just nodded his head. After that, he asked a few more questions until it was time for me to head off stage. I waved goodbye to the audience and walked back to Paul who was still standing in the same place he had when I went into the studio.

"Was I alright?" I asked to which he smiled.

"You did well, son."

I nodded my head curtly and fished my phone from my pocket to see if I had any new notifications. My heart literally stopped beating in my chest at the sight of a message from an unknown number. It didn't take a second for me to realize who it was from. I could tell from the first word.

Hi! I know you probably won't see this cuz you haven't replied to any of my texts in two years, but I just want you to know that I... I miss you, and I kind of want you to come back?

//Lou

-

[Louis]

I clicked 'send' and threw the phone onto the couch because I was afraid to see whether he would answer or not. It had been a year and a half since I sent him the last message, but it felt like it was longer. This was like writing to your crush for the first time, not knowing what response you would receive or if you would even get one.

My heart was beating frantically in my chest as I looked over at Lottie who clapped her hands in pride with a big smile on her face. "I hope you're happy now," I told her.

"I am, and I know you are as happy as I am," she said matter-of-factly.

I rolled my eyes, looking back at the television as Harry walked off stage. It meant he would see the text in any minute... God, why was I so nervous about this?

"God, I can't take this. I'm gonna go grab something to eat," I announced, getting up from the couch, leaving my phone there with the screen turned towards the cushion.

"Don't be so dramatic. He loves you, Louis," Lottie said, following me to the kitchen and sat down opposite of me.

I sent her a glare, munching on a granola bar. "You don't know that for sure. What if he's already forgotten about me and doesn't want anything to do with me now that he's living his 'famous' life again?" I grumbled.

"Just watching him on stage tells me he's not changed back to the ass he was before."

I snorted, looking away from her. I honestly had no idea what was going to happen now. Only the future and fate could tell whatever was going to take place.

Once I finished my bar, I got up from the chair and was about to head upstairs to my room when Lottie stopped me. "Aren't you gonna check your phone?"