Request- Jace Herondale

(Jayla's P.O.V)

I ran away. I can't handle this shadowhunters business. It's ridiculous. Me? A shadowhunter. And that red-head girl. Well... I couldn't care less about her.

I didn't want to run away from Jace though. But I have to find my family. Even if I am a Shadowhunter I need to at least say goodbye.

I rush through the front door of my family home.

"Mum! Dad! Are you home?" I yell.

Nothing.

"MUM?"

Nothing.

"Where are you gu-" I'm cut off by a... Thing pushing me against a wall.

I struggle against its grip, trying to grab the 'stele' that Jace gave me. I make no progress and see the demon unhinge its jaw.

This is it. This is how I die.

Next thing I know, I'm slumped in strong arms and the demon has disintegrated.

"Why would you run away?" A demanding viice asks.
"I wanted to see my family" I sass back as I come face to face with Jace.
"Well you shouldn't have been so stupid. If I had been a second later, you would have died."
"I know. I know. Thank you."
"No you don't get it! You cant- Wait what?" he asks.
"Thank you Jace. For protecting me."
"I'll always protect you." he whispers as he wraps his arms around me.

We stay there for about five minutes before I suggest, "So back to the institute?"
_____________________________________
This was requested by queenjayjay2 It's fairly short but I hope you like it!
- Dani x