twenty-nine: but still i wish you'd stay.

Shawn still refuses to tell me where we're going. Even as we're in the car, driving on the interstate after having eaten breakfast and checked out of the hotel, he still won't tell me who we're seeing. All I get is that we're going to a concert. But it's two in the afternoon, and not to be rude, but I doubt we need to wait in line hours before just to get in like I had to when I was a broke teenager.

I'm not frustrated at all.

I don't particularly like surprises, but I suppose since he's cute and this is a one-time thing, I can deal with it.

I think the fact that I finally got the finalized script for the movie is also helping me settle down. It was a little comical how it actually got in my hands. Shawn and I were in the middle of getting dressed when my phone rang with a call from Sidney. He told me Andrew had something for me because it was originally mailed to Sidney, but obviously Sidney isn't with me right now. Andrew handed me the package when we were having breakfast. I felt like I was a spy. And it also felt surreal to even hold the script in my hands.

And now, there's something insanely lovely about reading through a script with Shawn's hand holding mine.

I grin down at the page, looking up to tell Shawn what I'd just read, only to find he's already smiling. "What?"

"You squeeze my hand when you get excited," he confesses, a little sheepishly, probably embarrassed to have even noticed it. "Sorry, it's cute. What happened?"

I squeeze his hand again to tease him, but then I begin gushing about Margaret. Or Peg. A recurring theme in the story is how she adamantly demands to be called Peg, so as not to be confused with the Princess. But she was a bit of a trailblazer, despite growing up during the war, and in a town that was the target of any and every bomb you can think of.

I stop mid-sentence, my eyes catching the sight of the Rose Bowl Stadium that has a poster for Taylor Swift's reputation Stadium Tour on the outside. My eyes widen almost in slow motion, drifting to Shawn's to see his extremely cheeky grin splitting his face.

"Surprise?" He laughs nervously.

"We're...Wait a minute," I let out a laugh of my own, moving the script off my lap and onto the seat beside me. "We're...We're going there?"

He nods.

"To see Taylor Swift?"

He nods again, this time kissing the back of my hand. "I told you I'd take you to see her someday."

"No..."

"No?"

"No way!" I practically tackle him in a hug as best as I can sitting in the back of this car, hearing Andrew laughing from the front seat. "I didn't think someday would be this soon." I knew she was on tour, obviously, but I had...I had no idea. This wasn't even a hopeful thought in my brain.

"Well, someday is today," he replies, and the excitement in me reaches an all-time high as we ease over to exit the interstate.

+++

I stuff the script in my bag that I carry with me into the stadium. The stadium that I'm about to meet Taylor Swift in.

I don't know how I'm actually walking. I think I'm floating. I think Shawn is actually holding me up.

That's not happening. But he is rubbing his thumb over the back of my hand to try and calm me down.

"Is she even like...real?"