professional publicity stunt

A/N: Yes I am 100% aware this type of plot has been used and twisted around multiple times. I love the idea of it, so I am writing my own spin on it. This is literally just for fun and not meant to be taken too seriously. I'm honestly just writing this because I read some of my cute fanfiction when I'm sad. Oops. Also, none of this is real. I'm not drawing from any rumors about anyone Shawn has liked/been romantically involved with. I'm just playing on the idea of fake relationships that we all see from time to time in the industry. Enjoy.

You know her. You've seen her in pictures. You've seen her on the arm of a million different celebrities.

She looks vaguely familiar every time you see her. But you shrug it off. Because you know every time you see her, it's just for publicity.

She's gone within a few weeks. She's in the public eye for a few days, lives secretly for a week, and then after a month, it's like she was never there. The celebrity's career boosts, and she stays home with another check in the bank.

It happens more frequently than anyone cares to point out. Because the small bursts are just enough to get everyone talking, and that's exactly what Shawn Mendes's publicity team has decided he needs.

Especially when his new self-titled album is about to drop.