fifteen: but i know soon we'll be together.

A/N: just some fluff i desperately needed to write

Kate and I spend the rest of the evening having a dance party to Taylor Swift's album Reputation. I don't know about you, but dancing to just about any song off that album is empowering as hell – "I Did Something Bad" in particular.

Kate stayed for a couple hours but couldn't stay for too long because she does have to pack before she leaves for Vancouver for filming again. She texted Andrew Moore about me, though, and he has said he wants to meet me, so we're supposed to be setting up a video call sometime soon – he's a busy man and doesn't want me flying to Vancouver just to meet him. Even though I could because I could hang out with Kate while she's there, but I'm going to be traveling enough with Shawn here soon.

I did have Kate pinch me before she left, though.

After she left, I finally moved my suitcases into my room and laid back down on my bed. Which is where I am now when I get a Facetime call from Shawn.

We've never Facetimed before, so I am a little confused, but I sit up in bed, answering the call anyway.

"Hi—"

Shawn is not the one I see on my screen, but the girl does look vaguely familiar.

"Um, hi. Who are you?"

"I'm Aaliyah!" She smiles.

Aaliyah...Shawn's little sister. Of course. But also, um... "I thought you looked familiar," I chuckle. "I'm Rylie."

"I figured," she laughs. She looks so much like Shawn that it's a little eerie, but adorable. She's really pretty. How old is she again?

"Can I ask what you're doing with his phone?"

"He's in the bathroom," she explains. "And I've seen the stuff online, but he wouldn't tell me about you, so I...decided to call you."

"Okay," I sigh. "Well..."

"How long have you known—"

"Aaliyah!"

The girl in question grins, yelling back to her brother, "In here!"

Shawn's voice gets closer as he enters the room, and then when he sees me on the screen, he turns all shades of white.

"Hey," I laugh, waving at him.

"Hi..." He smiles for a second, but then turns to Aaliyah looking a little less kind. "What are you doing?"

"Talking to this mysterious girlfriend you won't talk about," she replies like it's obvious.

I'll admit, this did catch me off guard. But I'm not mad about it – or worried, though I probably should be. Aaliyah seems sweet, and she really doesn't mean any harm. I can tell.

"Well Mum needs some help in the kitchen, so can I talk to my mysterious girlfriend?"

Aaliyah rolls her eyes, but agrees anyway. "Fine. It was nice to meet you!"

"It was nice to meet you too," I chuckle, giving a small wave.

She hands the phone back to Shawn before running out of the room to the kitchen. Shawn lets a deep exhale out through his mouth, shutting the door behind him before he practically throws himself down on his bed.

"I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, Shawn, really," I shake my head. "She seems sweet. And we didn't talk about anything. She had just called a few seconds ago."

"Okay," he breathes. "But now she's going to say something to mum, and I'll be forced to talk about it, and I know you didn't—"

"Hey," I interrupt, giving him a look when he finally meets my eyes. "Breathe, first of all. And second of all, it's okay."