0 5 - Needy

"I reread the messages. From the worst fight, we've ever had. In hopes that they would make me hate you again. But still, even after I read them. I could only find good things about you. The reasons why I still love you"

- K.A.T

--

Slow update. I know. 

--

Rebecca took in that heavy scent of fresh paint, a brush in one of her hand, as her fingers guided swiftly onto the blank canvas. Faint images of what she assumed were the future laid out in a specific order in her mind. She needed a distraction, something to make sure it could erase the discomfort in her chest, and the vivid colors and the smell of paint was the only way that made sure Rebecca's focus was to figure out how the world had ended instead of their marriage.

There were scattered tubes of paint as she had her arms propped onto the wooden table, the same one from where she had previously appeared in front of the family in an awkward greeting. And seated on top of the stool, she painted a picture of a diner and a cup of coffee, and a blurred figure that looked too familiar. It was unfinished, but Rebecca understood little pieces of what was to happen.

She let out an exhausted groan as she had her face buried on her palms, rolling her eyes, knowing that coming back to March 24th to save the world wasn't going be easy, she was so sure of it, especially when there were going to be people after them, particularly Five.

"You know that piece of artwork could be very valuable," The unexpected voice of her brother-in-law caught her by surprise as she felt him look over her shoulder as she frantically tried to cover the view with her back as much as possible, "Um? Valuable?"

"Yes," He dragged onto the letter s as he tipsy trotted towards the seat, the one in front of her, "My apologies," He twirled his finger around in a courteous manner, as he drunkenly gazed up "It seems like I haven't properly introduced myself,"

The man who had on nothing but a black fur coat was no doubt, Klaus. When she got together with Five, he had mentioned something about a brother who started the usage of drugs at a young age, and it was no shock that the guy who smelt like cannabis happened to be the same guy Five had called Klaus.

--

Please don't do drugs

--

"Klaus," Rebecca nodded stiffly, wanting his eyes to look away from the future she had painted, as she tried her best to move the painting away from his gaze, "I know," She shot him a friendly grin, tucking the canvas on the side of her stool, who certainly wasn't sure of where the conversation was going to head. "Five used to talk about you guys all the time," She offers her hand out for a shake, "Rebecca,"

There was a hint of amusement as he leaned against the wooden chair with his legs set on the arms of the seat, plausibly from the fact, that Five's name was mention. "Five?" He had his hand pressed against his chest, "Talked about the family?"

It wasn't a genuine question, but more of a sarcastic statement, which had only earned her to chuckle heartily, he was trying to lighten up the mood. She understood what he meant, the man she had married was no doubt, a hard egg to crack, and hearing him talked so fondly of the one he loves was rare, "And here, I was starting to think," He started to move his limb in a robotic motion, "He came back as a robot, am I right?" He urged her to agree with him with his heartwarming chortle.