Chapter 3

Sam had no idea when Nadia would show up. After he left the hardware store he had gone straight to the club, spoke with his regulars and explained that he would have to close instead of hosting their normal after-hours activities.

"Oh Sam! I got all dressed up for nothing? We always have an after party" One young Dominatrix said with disappointment.

"I'm sorry Lynx, next time, okay?"

"This won't become the new normal?"

"Absolutely not, but with the Expo coming up, I still have a lot to do. I need to get some sleep and I don't have anyone else to lock up."

"Okay, Sam," she pouted.

So at two a.m. Sam closed the club and headed up for some much needed shut eye. He had been burning the candle at both ends all week. He was running on about 3 hours rest and was lucky to catch a nap in between sundown and the club opening.

He was up and in the shower at seven am. He didn't want to dress too nicely since he still had to work but also wanted to impress Nadia. He put on some clean jeans and a nice button up shirt. He rolled up the sleeves and put on his daily wear leather work boots.

He took a deep breath and straightened his shoulders as he looked in mirror. She may not know what kind of club this was but Sam was proud of it so he wouldn't let the fear that she might be freaked out sway him. If he'd learned anything from his friend Ethan's situation it is that you need to be honest with potential partners so there are no misunderstandings.

He wanted her and there was no point denying it. So he would make her as comfortable as possible.

He headed down stairs and entered the back room off the loading dock. He moved the already built bondage furniture into the main area of the club, no point it being in their way. He also turned down the AC, he had noticed she never took off that damn Hoodie and it could get pretty warm in the back room.

Sam pulled the circular chain to open to rolling door as it inched its way upward it revealed work boots, followed by dark blue cargo pants and a black sweater, damn that guy was back again, but as he reached the persons face he realized it was Nadia.

"About time, I've been standing here for almost an hour." She scolded, "you've been at the café at seven so that's when I got here."

"Well we didn't agree on a time, sorry you had to wait, I probably should have gotten your number or given you mine."

"No phone." She replied.

"Oh." He replied lamely, who didn't have a phone?

"Well, let's get started, "she held up a plastic bag with two cans in it, "I brought PVC glue and primer. I noticed you didn't buy any and we'll need it to secure the frame together."

The spent the morning cutting the PVC and piecing together the frame, she was a whiz in the makeshift shop. Sam was hoping to get to know her better but her concentration on the project was unflappable he couldn't get her to engage with him.

They left one side unglued to they could slide the banner onto the pipes with ease. Securing eye bolts into the corner fittings to suspend the frame should that be an option.

"It should be ready, let's put the banner on." Nadia said as she stood back surveying the work they had completed with a nod.

"Why don't we have some brunch?" Sam asked as he walked to her side. "We've been at it all morning and haven't even had a cup of coffee." He continued.

Nadia turned towards him with a slight tilt of her head, her Hoodie had pulled back a bit and a shock of purple hair curled about her forehead. He could clearly see her eyes for the first time, his breath catching in his throat. The outer ring of the iris was dark and sharp. The edges were light blue fading to green and honey as they stretched toward the pupil, mesmerizing.