Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Still Draco's POV

They enter the Three Broomsticks and sat at a round corner table. First Harry and Ginny sat in then Ron sat to Ginnys left and Hermione sat next to him so I sat opposite Hermione next to Harry. It was an awkward silence and so I decided to get the drinks. "So what drinks do you guys want?" I asked before leaving. Everyone said "Butterbeer please" so I got left when I was stopped "I'll help" Hermione volunteered and before Ron could object we left from there. The walk to the bar was awkward and silent so I decided to break the silence "so are you going back to Hogwarts to finish 8th year" I asked her "Yeah, are you?" she asked me back. "Yeah, I am. With the reputation in public that I have no ones going to just give me a job especially the auror department so I'm going to need the grades" "You want to be an auror?" "Yeah, I want to help the vulnerable that have no choice but to help crime, just like I was forced" "Well, that's great" She said looking taken back I don't she was expecting it.

Hermione's POV

"Well, that's great" I said quite shocked because I didn't think he would be an auror after what he's done intentionally or not. "But I don't think I'll be given a job in the department because of my past, unless the ministry are willing to look past it." He said looking quite upset so I decided to lift his spirit. "Oh don't worry, they will look past it because Harry is the head of the Auror department and he will verify whether you have the job or not" I assured him and his grey eyes lit up in hope. "Thanks, what about you?" "I am the head of the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, I'm going to return to my job when I finish at Hogwarts," "That's great, your doing well then" "Yeah, I'd like to make a change" I said and he looked happy.

"So who else is coming back to Hogwarts?" I asked him hoping that none of the Slytherins were coming back because I was most likely going to be in Slytherin. "All of my friends, you know Zabini and Nott" he said weirdly. "Urgh and Parkinson" I said disgusted which made him laugh slightly showing his teeth, with an unusually attractive smile. Urgh wait, what am I talking about? "Well, at Hogwarts it's just going to be me and Ginny. So I'll see you around there" I say reaching my hand out to pick up the butterbeers from the bar to take down to the rest. "U-u-uh no wait" he said hesitantly. I looked up at him expectantly waiting for a response. "I can't be seen talking to you in school, you're in Gryffindor." "What?" I scoffed hysterically at him. "Are you joking?" I asked him, he can't be serious right now. "Listen, don't get me wrong but with my friends and all I don't think its wise, we can still be friends though right?" "SO YOU WANT TO BE FRIENDS, THEN YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SEEN TALKING TO ME, THEN YOU WANT TO BE FRIENDS AGAIN?!" I shouted losing my temper gaining the attention of the pub. "Your pathetic" I hissed at him almost snake like which made him flinch looking at me wide eyed. I grabbed as many butterbeer glasses as I could carry and took them back to our table leaving him to carry the remaining.

Draco's POV

Well that didn't go well, if only she would under stand that if I talk to her in school firstly Pansy would make her life living hell and secondly I'm not sure if all the Slytherins have changed, they would continue to make a mockery out of her even if she did help defeat Lord Voldemort. I didn't mean to offend her, I'm trying to change but its not exactly the easiest thing considering I have been an arrogant brat my whole life.

I grabbed hold of the rest of the butterbeers and followed red faced and angry filled Hermione, wow she must be offended. I sat at the table and stared at a very inner furious Hermione who was looking at Ginny extensively trying not to look my way, clearly she was trying to ignore me and blank me out completely. "So Draco, are you going back to Hogwarts?" Ginny said breaking the silence I immediately looked opposite to the nearly calm Hermione going red again. "Yeah, I am" "Oh, good. So am I and so is Hermione" She said looking from Hermione who still didn't look at me.

Hermione's POV

I can't believe his mentality, to think I actually believe he was changing. Oh he has no idea; I can't wait to see his face when I get in to Slytherin. I can't wait to see everyone's faces when they see what I have up my sleeve, I'm not going to be the same quiet girl who studies, I'm going to be different, the girl who everyone loves and hates. I want to be different. I am going to be a true prestigious Gaunt.