Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Hermione's POV

"Slytherin" YES! I looked up to see the shocked expressions of every student and teacher in the room. I could even read what they were thinking but there was only one persons mind I wanted read and that was Draco. I looked over to him and smirked in to his eyes concentrating and all I could hear was WHAT THE ****. Urm okay then. Even better than what I was expecting. I giggled to myself when I could hear someone's thoughts shouting at the core of my ear drums. Ginny.
"Hermione!" Knowing that she was upset about me leaving I responded to her in my thoughts "Relax Ginny, I'm not going anywhere. You'll always be my best friend." Wait did I just speak to her with my mind. I'm going to need a word with this snake soon.
I got off the stool dismissing the stares, where I was stopped by McGonagall. I stood waiting eagerly for a cheer like everyone else got. Complete silence. Everyone was too shocked and sat as if they were in a transe with their jaws dropped. I looked up and looked up at McGonagall where I heard a clap. My head twisted in the direction of the clapping and I saw that it was Draco. Awh. How sweet. "Wooo" he stood thejr cheering to himself like a fool. Next Ginny joined in, followed by Blaise and soon everyone joined in evidently still astounded by what they had heard. Instanstly I smiled, not smirked, but sincerely smiled. And mentally thanked Draco but he looked at me wierdly. SHIT. He heard me. Now he's really going to want an explanation. The cheers eventually died out and with out no further ado McGonagall called for more and she announced some news.

"Seeing as you are already here Hermione, it's best to make my next announcement." She looked to the students and raised her arms towards me, "Hermione Rebelle Gaunt, your head girl." Cheers and clapping erupted from the pin dropping silence. Every student and even the teachers all stood clapping with huge smiles on their faces. All except one person... Draco. I looked at him and he smirked at me mysteriously, I gave him a left sided smirk and looked in the other direction. Before I could read his thoughts McGonagall continued "And now for your head boy..." The pause was murderous. "Draco Malfoy" Once again clapping emerged from the students however most in confusion of how an ex death eater became head boy. The moment his name entered my ears my head swung around towards him with a jaw dropping expression. No way. Not a whole year stuck with him. Isn't it bad enough we are in the same house?
He stood up and walked towards me, when he reached his destination he turned to face the school and stood right beside me. As if.
We went back to our seats when McGonagall asked to speak to us at the end. We went back to eat at our original tables leaving behind the head girl and head boy tables beside the teachers. "Why didn't you tell me?" I jumped down his throat. "Well you didn't tell me!" He jumped back. Ginny jumped in avoiding an argument "Guys, it doesn't even matter. The fact remains that you are our heads." We smiled innocently and proceeded to eat.
It was the end of the assembly and me and Draco went to the front to speak to Professor McGonagall. "Professor?" I said catching her attention. "Oh right, okay. You know the rules, be role models and show disciplinary actions. Now every night you need to create a schedule between yourselves and the prefects to ensure every students are in bed." "Yes Professor" Draco and I nodded in sync. "Right, now I'll take you to your dorms." "Dorms?" Draco and I both said in sync again. "Yes, the head girl and head boy have their own dorm in a secret location at Hogwarts. Yours is on the seventh floor, due to renovations since the war you will both be sharing a dorm." "What!?" Me and Draco both shouted in sync, "Stop copying me" I shouted at him "You stop copying me" "Both of you stop, don't make me regret my decisions. I trust you to be wise and make each other comfortable considering the circumstances." We both thought back to the war and understood the 'circumstances' Professor was talking about. In guilt of being so ungrateful, we both nodded and apologised while we followed McGonagall up to our dorm.
We soon reached the seventh floor and walked straight to the end of the corridor, she really was serious about keeping this a secret location. We reached a frame, a frame with a rich gold border with uttermost detail on the edges, however the attention of it was drawn away from it as a familiar face smiling up at us was in the centre of the frame moving slightly. It was Snape.
"How do you do, Severus?" McGonagall casually conversated with him. "Absolutely wonderful" He replied unusually sweetly. He greeted Draco and I, in which we responded we were fine. I've got to admit, it was the most awkward conversation I've ever had and I have a had many of them immvludong one with Bellatrix. Seeing Snape being so sweet and nice made me want to vomit, it was the most uncomfortable scene ever. But Draco talked to him like it was normal. Weird much.
"Anyway, enough of the chitchat. There's plenty of time for that another time. For now your password is Dumbledore. You have to say it to Snape every time you want to enter, that's why I chose such an easy password. Now I'm going to leave you two to it, take a look at your rooms. I really hope you like them and I charmed almost everything in the room, that way if you don't like anything or wish to re-decorate according to your mood, you may do so in your own time. Just don't go out of your way to decorate. Oh and I got you a house elf as I figured you'd be too busy to have or make lunch or clean." She said winking at me knowing how appalled I was. I'm still going to use the house elf but just treat it right. "She'll appear when you need her", McGonagall informed us further. "Oh thank you Professor" I told her while Draco was eager to jump in and take a look inside. "Right I better leave and get some rest now, I advise you to do the same after taking a look around." We thanked her and wished goodnight and made our way inside.
We entered the frame as Snape opened it wishing us the best of luck. We were greeted by a lovely living room which was round like the moon. The room shined with purple and gold themed furniture and decorations. The round room was separated in half where one side of the room was a lovely living room with one long sofa which was gold with purple cushions. The sofa had two single sofas on either side of it all opposite an enchanting fireplace. The fireplace was made of diamond encrusted tiles and white smooth marble surrounded by purple wall paper with diamonds in them giving the room a rich atmosphere. On the left of the fireplace there was a nicely ordered bookshelf, looking at the books I remembered by favourite muggle story Romeo and Juliet. The moment I thought of it a book stuck out of it the shelf, I approached it a saw that it was Romeo and Juliet. No way. The book shelf was charmed to give the books we wished to read. That's what McGonagall meant when she said she charmed everything. I looked away to the other side where there was a kitchen, we had our own kitchen!
I moved on to the other half of the room where I saw 3 doors, one to the left, one to the right, and one in the middle. I went in to the first room and Draco went in to the second room, as I walked in I saw the green and black atmosphere and knew it wasn't my room. However I took a look around and there was a huge king size bed in the centre of the room with a black border and green silk bedsheets with the Slytherin logo in the centre. There was a shelf made of black wood as well as in other black drawers and ornament around the room. Furthermore he had a black chandelier over shadowing his bed. Wow dark or what?
"Hey you might want to see this?" I heard Draco yell from the next room. I left the room shutting it behind me and walked in to the next room, it was the bathroom. "What?" I asked him not understanding the problem. "The bathroom..." "What about it?" He hesitated "There's only one." Is this happening for real? No way. "I guess we'll have to deal with it one way or another." I said as cool as a cucumber. I am not going to lower myself to the unexpected, I will keep my head held high. "For reals?" Draco said turning red in shock yet trying to uphold his classic smirk. "Yeah, we'll have to adjust" I smirked up at him, he shifted awkwardly "Yes of course but what if..." "I mean we wouldn't want to seem ungrateful to McGonagall after all the efforts she went through to arrange this for us" I jumped in. "Urmm, definitely yes." "Unless your uncomfortable sharing with me" As obviously expected I led my amazing smirk looking Draco straight in the eyes. "No way of course not I'm fine with it" "Okay cool" "Ur, cool" "By the way that's your bed room" I told him pointing to the left, "Then I'm guessing that's yours then" "Um kay, night Drey--co" Did I just call him Drey? He smiled to himself vainly and looked to me with a genuine smile "Goodnight Hermione, sweet dreams..." Aww, how sweet. "...about me" Right. I am not putting up with this. I blew up "I will not dream about you!" I shrieked summoning the pillow in the living room and throwing it at him, it hit him directly in the chest and he held on to it laughing as he tried to walk backwards towards his room. I smiled softly at the sight of him genuinely happy, I've never seen him like this. "Night now" I said as we both turned in to our rooms "This is awesome" I heard him yell at the sight of his room, I chuckled at his reaction a little jealous of his room but as I walked in to mine the first thing I saw was a a huge wall covered in wall paper of real live snakes charmed to be moving in the walls. On the normal occasion, I would have been terrified and ran a mile away. Strangely enough, I found it attractive like it was meant to be that way. The other wall opposite it was plain black. The left wall was covered by built in draws and cupboards. I looked at my bedsheets and they were the same as Draco's, wow. He is going to be jealous.
I changed into my bed clothes and laid down in the cool silk bed sheets, I closed my eyes and blinked forward the memory of the initials ALG, what was that? Contemplating in my thoughts, I eventually dosed off, and slept peacefully in my new bed room with Draco as the closest person in reach.

************************************
OMG GUYS! EXAMS ARE OVER NOW AND I HAD MY LAST EXAM TODAY! In happiness of that here is the new chapter which is also the longest i have ever I have ever written. It is over 2000 words. Anyhoo, I am free now till September so expect many more chapters that are on there way involving a really good plot twist, coming soon!
Shout out to all those that comment, go and follow them and they will follow you back Thanks x

Soz guys, I didn't proof read it because I never had time. People are eager to read the next chapter so I figured I should upload it ASAP. Thanks x