MR. CHARMING

True love is like little roses, 
sweet, fragrant in small doses.

Ana Claudia Antunes

⚫⚫⚫⚫

"Hey Rosalyn! What's up!?"
"Am good Dustin.", I put back my earphones and swing to the beats of 'Attention' by Charlie Puth.
I love the beats of this song.

"Careful! You are on the road.", Dustin held my hand.
"Am good Dustin....!"
"You just want attention! You don't want my heart...!", I sing along with the music in my years.
As the song ends after I have already played it million times since the morning.

Dustin laughed, "Oh so with the song comes, I don't give a damn to the vehicles on the road."
"I don't have to worry when you're with me.", I told him.
He indeed shows an incredible sense of protection.
"Rosalyn...I want to ask you something...!"
"Yeah!?"
"I know I have asked this before also, but probably that wasn't the correct timing. So I'll ask again, Will you come on a date with me.", I knew this was coming.

Dustin takes my sentences as wrong signals. And I keep on regretting on why I said them.

"Dustin.... you know....I mean...that was not what I meant.", I said in a low voice.
No matter how close we are, I see him as a brother figure and not as the one I can romance with.
Dustin is 'just a friend'!
Probably he understood, and so he abandoned my hand at once.
I sighed. I know I do hurt him, but telling him 'yes' when I don't mean it will be more fatal.

We reached 'The Elk' silently, when Miss. Evangeline came running to me.
"Rosalyn, you're finally here."
"What happened ma'am!?"
"There's a customer who says, he'll have some magic coffee you make, and nothing else. He has been waiting for you for one hour."
I took no time to know who it was, and so I saw him sitting at that very table.
"Go child! Look after him.", I nodded and started walking towards where these wonder of a man was sitting, but I felt a pair of eyes burning holes in my back. It was Dustin.

He has always stopped me from talking to strangers, or mingling with them, because he is afraid I'll harm myself.

"Hello Sir! Rosalyn Carson is here for your order.", I said in a professional tone.
He suddenly looked up and his eyes filled with delight.
"Sorry for the delay, sir!"
"No no no problem! Miss.Rose.", his voice did something to me and it became difficult for me to stand straight.
He was so attractive and I was no doubt, hell smitten by his charms.
He smiled at me, "I thought you won't come today."
"No. Actually I was early that particular day."
"Oh!", That was all he said before drowning into deep thinking.

The way his forehead creased, made him look more handsome. Even if that was possible.
"Sir... your order!?", I asked breaking his reverie.
"Oh yes! I want your 'Magic coffee'.", His smile widened at the mention of the coffee.