CHAPTER II: Melting the ICE

PARK YN

I was busy reading my favorite novel when a familiar knock on my door was heard; I let out a sighed as I lazily walk my way to the door and see my fiancée's figure, standing in front of it.

"Do you need something or-- you just want to see my pretty face?"

My usual greetings to her everytime she knocked on my door; as always she just stared at the floor, fidgeting her fingers.

"What is it this time, Jennie Kim?"

I asks her as I leaned my shoulder on the doorframe and look at her, blankly.  No response, yet. I heaved out a sigh getting bored, waiting for her answer; I was about to shut my door when a hand gripped on the side of it, tight.

"ChaeyoungandIcookeddinner,wouldyouliketoeatwithus?"

Jennie said in a fast speed, catching her breath once she finished. I open my door widely again and look at her, blankly.

"Say it again in a slower speed"

I said and see her took a deep breath and looked back at me; I leaned on the doorframe again but with my hands inside my pocket this time.

"I s-said-- m-me and Chaeyoung cooked dinner, w-would you like to eat w-with us?"

Jennie repeated herself trying not to stutter to much. I think for a while and caught her stealing glances at me which I don't mind at all.

"What you cooked then?"

I asks and a yawn accidentally slipped off my mouth; Jennie lifted her head up and met my gaze and in seconds she avoided it.

"W-we cooked steak, spicy noodles and a lot m-more"

She replied, I only nodded my head in response and hold onto my door.

"Sounds delicious-- but nah, I'm still full",

I said as I gently closed my door in front of her; I was about to comfortably sit on my couch when another knock heard outside. I rolled my eyes for the first time today and walk back to my door a little annoyed and was about to yelled to the person when--,

"Aww aww yah aww granny! Stop! Please!"

I screamed in pain when a metal ruler hit me continuously; I tried to run but she gripped on my collar tight and smack me in the head.

"Aww! What did I do!"

I wince in pain rubbing all the spot she hit me; I just received a smirk from her and she was about to hit me again when I run fast away from her. I run downstairs and I almost stumbled backwards when she gripped on my collar again-- fuck! I didn't know she's fast!

"Yah! Aunt Dara please stop it hurts!",

I screamed in pain again when she pinched my shoulder hard enough for my soul to twitch inside my body! It hurts!