Chapter Twelve: Warmth and Pain.

Start from the beginning

"Shit..." I mused. "I'm an idiot."

"Okay, all done," S/N said, re-entering the kitchen. "You're welcome."

She walked past me with a smile, lightly tapping my shoulder before heading towards the kitchen table. She plopped down without hesitation, propping up her elbows as she eyed me.

"Please tell me you didn't go too far..."

"No, no," she replied, laughing. "I think I got a good deal for everything." She shrugged her shoulders. "Hey, I promise to at least pay half once I get paid again."

"Alright," I replied softly. "I trust you then."

I turned away from her, returning my attention towards the cabinet. I reached into the cabinet once again, pulling out a few pretty, red coffee mugs with snowy designs on them; winter was almost over, so now was the time to savor such things.

"So like..." S/N's curious voice sounded behind me. "I've been wondering something..."

I slowly turned around, noticing that she was circling her finger upon the kitchen table, her gaze focused upon it. She often did this when something serious was on her mind, or she was nervous. Upon seeing this, I began to feel anxious.

"...What?" I asked, a hint of hesitation in my words as I walked over to her.

"When are you going to go after what you want?" She asked rather calmly, still eyeing the table.

"Um, isn't that what we're doing?" I asked, taking a seat across from her. "I mean, Shuichi said gathering allies was the first step to—"

"Don't be a dumbass," she interjected, lifting her head to meet my eyes. "You know exactly what I'm talking about."

After those words left her lips, I heard approaching footsteps. I looked behind me, noticing an all too familiar male. Kokichi lazily stepped into the kitchen, rubbing the sleep from his eyes as he did so; I was surprised he could even see where he was walking.

"Speak of the devil," S/N muttered.

"Oh...

"___, I'm hungry," he said, his voice still sounding rather tired. He looked towards me with half lidded eyes, and a bit of drool leaking from the corner of his mouth. "Please tell me you brought food home..."

"Food is on the way, so you won't have to wait much longer."

"Mmmm," he muttered. "Okay..."

Slowly, the male pulled out the seat next to me and plopped down. He then placed his head upon the table, his bangs falling over his eyes. I eyed him further, noticing that his mouth was slightly open and he was breathing rather gently. Though his locks were doing a rather good job covering his eyes, it was plain to see that he had closed them. I had the urge to push his locks out of his face, but decided against it.