My face washes with realisation, as my mouth forms an 'oh'.

I forgot, that this is literally how you make babies.

It's not something I've ever had to think about, or worry about, one reason obviously because a woman getting me pregnant was something that wasn't a possibility.

Pregnancy isn't something I've ever really considered in general, it's just something that was never on the cards for me and right now is not the time that I feel like having such a heavy conversation about that topic and my situation.

I don't have to worry about getting pregnant, that's all the information that's important right now.

"Well, I'm vaccinated against those - so we don't have to worry about that either" I say, and Harry gives me a curious look.

"You're on birth control?"

"Something like that - I'll explain later. But we don't have to worry about me getting knocked up tonight - so is there anything else stopping us?" I ask, hoping Harry doesn't push the subject and just leaves that conversation for another time. If I have to talk about it then sex is the last thing that's going to be happening.

Harry looks like he's trying to figure out what I mean by that, but I think most of the blood from his brain is currently in his groin, so instead of questioning my cryptic answer further he just asks "You're absolutely sure, we aren't risking that if we don't use anything?"

"Trust me Harry, last thing I would need or want at the moment is to get pregnant. I'm positive" the no bullshit tone of my voice seems to be enough reassurance for him - but again to be fair, I don't think he'd take that much convincing at the moment.

"Alright" he agrees, leaning down to press a quick kiss to my lips "guess there's nothing stopping us then, as long as you're okay with it"

"I'm okay with it" I tell him, feeling my stomach stir now that, that hurdle is out of the way and chew on my lip as I dart my eyes between his own "So what now?"

Harry wets his lips, and I feel the air shift in a split second; like the light break in the tension from our short conversation has only amplified it ten fold the second we realise what we're about to do.

"We'll just go slow" he says, searching his eyes over my face and I see the faintest flicker of nerves in him but he's doing his best to keep his voice confident "Just treat it like every other time we've done things together, and let it go from there"

I'm really going to need him to take the lead with this, because this is the last frontier I have no clue how to navigate.

But I can tell the anticipation is eating at both of us.

What he said has eased my nerves a bit though, when I think about just treating it like the other times we've been together; it makes the situation more familiar and less daunting.

"You know... This kinda feels like when you play a video game, and you've completed all the levels and now you have to fight the final boss" I say, in no way joking. This is actually what it feels like.

Harrys lips crack into a smile, and he shakes his head; laughing under his breath "Thanks for putting that image in my head when we're about to have sex"

"You're welcome" I grin; leaning up to press what was meant to be a quick peck to his lips but Harry holds the kiss and starts to fold and caress his lips against my own.

Well. That's one way to shut me up I guess.

The kissing goes from slow and savoury to more heated as each second goes on; my hands starting to roam over his back while I feel the muscles shift and tense as his body starts to react.