Lukewarm

Unknown POV

Lukewarm. The difference between hot and cold, the prior medium. I couldn't feel anything as thoughts swarmed around my mind. I was lukewarm. I didn't want to think about what had happened to the other Drifter's, I only wanted to think about what to do now. But like lukewarm water, I was in neither side.
It's always the mistakes that make your life hell. Ours was taking the children in the first place. If you want all of the heavenly clubs to come after you, take children.

My bare feet stung from the cold gravel, the rocks biting at my sore feet. The crunch was the only sound in the silence. The light fog beat across the road. I grit my teeth, the anger of the previous nights activities blistered my mind. Fury and hatred bubbled inside of me.

The fall air knew what I was thinking. To plan, and wait, for the cold. After all, revenge is a dish best served cold. The road came to a beaten path through the woods, crickets started to chirp as I walked, sticks and wet grass sticking to my legs as I continued, step after step.

The house was burned by the Kingsmen, blown to pieces by those pricks. They took everything valuable from us. Initially you would think it would be possessions, or the weapons. No. Oh no. It was the girls. The girls are what brought I profit, their beautiful bodies simply waiting to be sold, they ran for tens of thousands of dollars and they took it all away from us. Trust took it away from us.

My fist hit the tree before I knew what I was doing. I had known this Trust before he was even Trust. The traitor was once one of us. He knew what he was in for the entire time, he couldn't stand the sight of the old club after his father died. He knew what he was in for, and yet he couldn't stand it once he got in. I should have killed him when I had the fucking chance. My eyes were fire, I was fire. My anger soared as I remembered Trust. He wants to join our club, then leave as soon as things get messy for him.  He blamed it on the women, I blamed it on him.

A yell erupted from my throat as I continued to grow angry, thinking about the money that was lost, the traitorous Mr.Trust. Victory is the only real achievement in life, and that was how we won. Money provides our happiness.

There was always one more special than the others though. One we never sold, May. We didn't know she was blind when we found her. But when we did find out. It was so much fun. I smiled as I remembered the thoughts of her, her beautiful body outshined the other whores, being able to watch her at night, clueless, innocent, as I just sat outside her cell. She had no knowledge of it, and it was so beautiful, just being able to watch her sleep.

I continued walking, the struggle was beginning to become too much. I was miles away from anyone, and yet a barn Rose in the distance, a small pond beside it. A plan formed in my head, Oh May you're going to remember this. After all Trust wasn't always Trust, and water isn't always lukewarm.

***
I'm so sorry I haven't updated in forever, I honestly thought no one would even read this, but I'm so thankful we have over 350 reads!!! I also know that this chapter is really short but I'll try to make another, longer, one tomorrow ❤️ I've been so busy with school ending, work, and emotional issues.  I love you all and don't forget to show your support. Also don't be silent readers! I know my book is new and not really good, but I don't mind criticism, or even just having conversations 😂

04.16.19