Storm the Castle

Trust

The plan was simple, in and out, save the children, save the girls. If you encountered any Drifters, capture them. The one exemption, if they fire, you fire back. Harder.

Three days, three long days, and now we we're here. Standing outside, my blood boiled as I imagined what the victims inside had faced. The shadows of screams looked over the darkness of my imagination. Today this ends, for the people. Calvary has come.

"Hunt, you stupid bastard, we said not to make a scene." Jax's voice broke into my mind, my eyes broke their solid gaze at the Drifters club. Hunt stood, a stick of dynamite in his hand, a mischievous grin on his face.

"I'm just going to keep it with me, just in case, okay?"

" Only light it on my signal," my voice was low, dangerous. I was not in the mood to fail, not after everything these bastards have done to my family. My brothers. My blood. " The guards are changing in two minutes."

Jax whistled lowly, gathering the attention of the Kingsmen, "In two minutes the guards change, Darren is positioned to take the place of A, Wolf is ready at point B."

" In two minutes, all hell breaks loose. We are prepared, we have been prepared and now the day has finally come. Today we are Calvary, not for ourselves and pride but for the safety and rescue of the innocent people inside. Today we storm the castle."

My phone vibrated, a low timer dinging the time of two minutes. It's time. The shadows of the house hid my brothers as Darren and Wolf slid around, silently killing the supposed Drifters that were meant to take their shift. I could see their hunched, uniformed, bodies taking their places outside. I had to remind myself that this wasn't an attack, just a rescue mission. We didn't know exactly what we would see when we walkled inside. We didn't know how many we were saving. Yet we we're prepared for anything.

My body hunched behind a corner as I made my way to the open door, four brothers ran ahead, making sure that no Drifters littered the hall. We didn't have time to kill them, and make sure the others got out. We were armed and ready to kill who needed to be, but we were trying not to make it necessary.

Caden whistled quietly behind me, as I turned I saw him silently point a finger at a door he had opened. Downward stairs, Toby had told us that there was a large basement in the blue prints for this building, and he guessed that that would be where the prisoners would be held.

A gun went off, and I heard a thud. My blood ran cold as I feared it was one of my men, yet it was the opposite. A dead Drifter lied on the floor, blood pooling around his body, we had less time than we thought now. Myself and seven others creeped down the stairs, as the other 10 stayed upstairs. There was 30 of us total, some positioned around the house, others waiting as medical and getaway, the eight of us quieted our footsteps as sounds grew louder, the grunts and cries echoed through the basement. Toby was right.

In all instances we imagined at least 20 people in the basement, not the lonely 12 that remained here. As we passed each door we busted locks and people cried, from fear and gratitude. Some of the people were men, some women. The rest, children. We still had three more left as footsteps pounded on the floors above and gunshots broke out.

It was Jax's and I left as the others ran to the door to block from anyone running down the stairs. The cries of a small boy sounded as I let a man out of his cage, "Thank you sir, I'm forever grateful." The man's voice triggered a violent memory in me, he was familiar somehow, I just didn't know how. His clothes were fresh and yet bloodied without a open wound on his body. I let the rush of the moment get the best of me as I shook my head at him and gestured for him to leave.

Two more to help, yet little time. I wasn't prepared to see a small boy in a cage, his clothes crumpled and his face teary, an open gash marked his face, bruises littered his arms. He spoke three words to me as he ran from his open cage to across the hall, "Help her. May!" His voice screamed in the basement as my eyes darted quickly to the last cage.

Beautiful and broken. A crumpled body laid in the middle of a cell, a lonely girl, small and frail. I saw red as I gently tried to shift the girl. Her hair stuck to her face, covered red and brown from blood. Her poor skin was pale, her eyes shut, and her unconscious face contorted in pain. The young boy only could whisper her name, little praises of her bravery left his lips. My only guess was that this rose took a beating for this boy.

More gunshots erupted from upstairs, I had no time, I had no clue the extent of her injuries, this was the worst victim out of all the cages. I gently tried to pick her up, a sharp whimper left her lips as I moved her, I struggled again. Her light, broken, body shifted in my arms.

"Stay behind me, and hold onto my shirt, if anything happens up the stairs, yell out for Jax, okay?" I rushed my words to the little boy, hoping he heard them all, he shook his head, a scared look in his eye.

We climbed up the stairs, the young boys hand, clinging to my shirt. "Jax!" I yelled, he was guarding the door, the others having already fought off a few Drifters, blood pooled on the floor, "Get the kid!" His face was confused until he saw the little body behind me, he was weak. His small body was gradually loosing and energy and adrenaline from the situation.

We rushed out of the house dodging Drifters alive and not until we reached the front door. Hunt stood there, his face holding his famous shit-eating grin. "You guys might want to go, I'll finish up here." I glanced at his hands, one held a lighter and the other held more dynamite than what I thought he had, " I found the weapons room, and I opened the window to it before I left. Not very smart planning in their part. So let's blow this pop stand!" I shook my head, I didn't have time to tell him no before he took off running, just be safe you idiot.  It was a matter of seconds before we reached the vans, the second Jax opened the door we heard it, the explosion coming from Hunt and his stunt. Leaves rustled beside us as we watched the house collapse, "I could almost shed a tear, it's beautiful isn't it?" I shook my head as I loaded myself and the small woman inside the car.

"What's your name?" The little boy shook at my voice. His small hand was reaching for the girls, a worried look on his face.

"Killian sir, my name's Killian."

"Do you know her?" My voice was low in the car.

"Yes sir, May saved my life." He spoke, his voice gaining course slowly, "Now I have to protect her."

My respect and wonder grew for the young woman, May and this boy, Killian. And yet I couldn't help it as a storm raged in my heart as our vans and motorcycles sped away from the burning house, the small rose in my arms, her eyes softened from the medicine, her pulse was steady, yet I didn't trust myself to do anything other than hurry.

*******
I know it's been like forever since I've updated and I am surprised I've gotten this many read at all, maybe soon we can hit 100? I'm so excited to start righting again, and I feel like this is a good long chapter.

Love you all! ♥️♥️ Don't forget to comment and vote!

2.28.19