C h a p t e r T w e l v e

;of You and I

>>

Declan didn't come home for the night. He probably went back to his office or... No, Thea, snapped it out. He's probably preparing the divorce papers. My heart ached at that thought of it. I shook my head and zipped up my luggage. I took the whole night packing everything into two luggage; Titan and Mr. Hitch were running around the house.

I sat on my bed and stared at the photo that was sitting on my dressing table. It was taken when we went for the charity in the museum. Declan and I was looking at each other, our eyes locked on each other. I was telling him how excited I am when the photographer snapped it. I requested for another one but Declan shook his head and said it's perfect.

Declan actually got the Jane Eyre manuscript for me. When he gave the neatly wrapped gift, I actually told him off for spending money on me again. He kissed me to shut me off and asked me to unwrap it. He looked almost like a kid when I tore the wrapper.

That was the best gift I got from him.

Mr. Hitch's sharp excited bark snapped me out of my thoughts. He's back. I took a deep breath, made sure there's no tear stains on my face. I heard him placing his keys on the table, greeting the dogs. I dragged my luggage out, taking his attention away from the dogs.

He looked worn out. His eyes were bloodshot. He glanced at the luggage and then back at me. He was completely exhausted. It was shown on his face. He threw two dog treats for the two dogs and removed his shoes.

"Did you get the divorce paper?" I asked. His hand stopped on his shoe laces for a few seconds before he continued removing his shoes without looking or answering my question.

"Declan," I prompted again, getting slightly annoyed by his nonchalance. He left his shoes underneath the chair. His blue-green eyes piercing right into mine, "No,"

I looked away from his unsettling eyes, "Send it to my apartment once you..."

"Thea," He walked towards me and lifted my face up to look at him. His eyes determined, "I said no. I'm not going to prepare those damn papers. I'm not letting you go,"

"Dec..." I breathed his name. God, I missed him. He shook his head and said, "Listen to me, I love you Thea. I love you so much that I fucking hate it when I'm away from you. I want to come home and listen to you blabbering about nonsense and kick my ass on Wii. I want to come home and sneak these two dogs so much unhealthy food and I want to come home to spend time with you."

"I'm sorry for what I did. I can't undo everything when I really want to. Those buy-outs and about Merry," Declan took a deep breath as if it hurt him to talk about it, he brushed his thumb against my cheek. I didn't realize I was crying when he kissed those tears away, "Merry admitted she was the one who cheated Orion and she was the one making the decision to do the abortion even when she was warned she might not be able to conceive again. Christopher didn't know about that matter, she's going to tell him and make things right. The reason why I want to buy-out McQueen was plainly because of my selfishness. I was full of greed and I wanted more."

"Now that I'd got you," Declan licked his dry lips and continued, "I want you more than anything else. I'm going to withdraw from the buy-out and leave McQueen alone. To be honest, I was jealous of Orion. He got your heart but he didn't treasure it..." I was going to disagree on that when he put his finger on my lips and said, "Now I know why Orion won't stay away from you. Now I know how miserable it is when the girl you love doesn't love you back,"

"Declan..."

"Let me finish," Declan took a deep breath, "I don't want out. I don't want to let you go. I'm not going to make mistake like Orion. Thea, please, stay with me."

"Are you done?" I looked at Declan who seemed surprised. The hope in his eyes faltered, he looked desperate and completely hurt. Then I realized he thought I was going to reject him after his speech.

I cupped his face in my hands and brushed my lips against his, "I love you, Dec."

"What?" He rasped. I smiled against his lips and looked right into his eyes, "I'm not leaving, I love you. You were never selfish or full of greed. You care for every single one and you do it with your whole heart."

He let out a relieved sigh and he deepened the kiss, placed me on the island table and gasped, "Say that again,"

"I love you," I smiled. His smile widened and reached into his pocket. He looked at the ring in his hand and back at me, "You didn't like the wedding ring. So I made a new one. You can wear it to shower."

He held my hand, "Can I?"

I nodded and he slides the ring into my ring finger. He kissed the back of my hand and said, "Don't ever take this off."

"I'll try," I teased and examined the ring. It's a four carat diamond ring. There isn't any big difference of my two rings but this was already my favorite. Declan leaned his forehead against mine, sporting the usual smile that only meant for me, taking my breath away, "I did a size smaller, you will have a hard time taking it out, Mrs. Eaton."

A.N: AHHHH. I'm in love with Thea and Declan!! I hope you like it. Thank you for reading xx.