Full Circle

Thank you for sticking with me! Sorry this chapter is so late. I wish I had a great excuse as to why it's a year late, but I do not. School, work, travel. It's all been my focus this year, but with the upcoming Game of Thrones season, I couldn't leave this story unfinished. I hope this chapter is a nice wrap up.

Chapter Text

2 years ago, he told his mom that he didn't feel like it was the right time. Dany's schedule was booked; her scribbles lining every page in her agenda were hardly decipherable, bunched together in the margins when there was not enough space on the page, which there never was. Some days she had to wake up at 4AM for a shoot or an interview or a last minute trip to some far away country. "My whole heart," she would say before she would go, letting the palm of her hand linger on his chest. She had so many frequent flyer points that Sansa was given pretty much free range to go wherever she wanted, and most of the time she just chose to either go back to Winterfell or to shadow Dany on her many adventures. Her trips were never long - a long weekend at max. Jon would sometimes join, but he had his hands full with his own clients. He was first and foremost Dany's photographer, but his work had since graced the covers of Vogue and GQ. Dany had had every cover framed: "If you do any more shoots, we aren't going to have anymore wall space."

2 years ago, it wasn't the right time.

The company was just starting up. He was looking at office spaces in New York with Dany, since her mother had decided to take a backseat with the New York office. Rhaella was mainly working in Los Angeles now. Dany had breathed a sigh of relief when Rhaella had told her. Rhaella was now working as hard as ever, but she had since broken ties with Viserys and her monster of a husband. She no longer could hide behind the idea of being the perfect mother. Dany and Rhaegar had grown up. She put her energy into the company, but more than that, she put her energy into herself. At holidays and when Rhaella is in town for meetings, Dany could tell that she was less tense. She had starting going to therapy, which was helping. Rhaella no longer needed everything to be perfect. She put her trust in Dany.

"The Targaryens take over both coasts," Rhaella had said, "Do me proud."

"I always do," Dany had replied.

It wasn't a slow burn, as many new companies always are. With Dany's Instagram presence, Jon's photography skills and a company with a mission, everything seemed to move fast. Everyone wanted to get their hands on these clothes with a cause. Every piece had a QR code, linked to a website where clients could track every step their clothes had taken. There was information about the person who sewed the clothes, photographs from the villages, interviews about their struggles of the people living there. Above living wage was the promise of the company, something that they stood by every step of the way.

2 years ago, he was new to New York. "That's an avenue," Dany said, tracing her finger vertically down the map, as they stood waiting for the subway. She gestured to the map of Manhattan on the wall. "And a street," Dany said, now moving her finger horizontally. "I got it," Jon had said with confidence. He loved Winterfell, and he probably went back there every month or so, but New York was exciting and intoxicating. He could see why Dany liked it. "Avenues vertical and streets horizontal," Dany reiterated just before all sound was drowned out by the rushing subway car arriving to the platform. A crowd of people stepped forward, almost dangerously so. Just one more step and they would end up on the train tracks. Anything for a good seat on the subway. "Easy," Jon responded as he gave her a grin.

Dany had really thought he got it. She had tried to ease him into the whole New York thing, but just a day later, when she had asked him to pick up some coffee and bagels while she finished putting away the groceries, he had called her. "Jon? You good?" Dany answered the phone. She put it between her shoulder and her ear, balancing it while she opened the refrigerator.