Way Back When

September 20th, 2021

She looked like a kid in a candy store. "Did you get it?" Dany asked, pulling the Gryffindor scarf off her neck and handing it to the next person in line. Jon nodded. He tilted his phone towards her, showing her the picture of her pushing a cart halfway through Platform 9 ¾. They were such tourists. They were disgusting but they also were smiling.

Dany let her bag drop to her forearm. Inside, she was carrying Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans and Chocolate Frogs to send back home. They wouldn't melt in a package home. Right? It was worth a shot. Rhaegar had made her promise to get him a chocolate frog. She wasn't about to let the Harry Potter fanatic down.

"You know who you remind me of?" Jon asked, emptying some Every Flavour Beans onto his palm. Dany shook her head, stealing a few of them before popping them into her own mouth. She grabbed his hand, which was carrying a stack of napkins. She spit out a bean that was half chewed.

"Gross. Rotten egg." Jon scrunched up his nose, before throwing the napkin into the nearest trash can.

"Guess who?" Jon reminded her of his question, snapping the lens off his camera and exchanging it for a smaller one.

"Hermione Granger," Dany said, sticking her chin up. Jon shook his head.

"Fleur Delacour?" Dany held the ends of her white pea coat and curtsied. Jon gave her a thumbs down. "Who then?"

Jon lifted up a strand of her blond hair, "Draco Malfoy." Jon choked out the last words, laughing as he ran away from her. She weaved in and out of the crowd, following him through King's Cross Station. When she found him, she crossed her arms and turned her back towards him. She smiled as she felt his arms wrap around her from behind.

"Forgive me?"

. . . . .

September 23rd, 2021

Dany's photoshoot was quickly approaching. Her mother kept sending her daily reminders to go to the fittings. "They have to be perfect, Dany," Rhaella had stressed, "They are representing the Targaryen name. You're representing the Targaryens. Make me proud."

Dany's feet were in a constant state of ache. They were always stuffed in deadly shoes and painted to match. Her hair was constantly being brushed and dried, curled and braided. She was even sick of trying on clothes, which is a statement that she never thought she would say in her entire life. She was getting poked and prodded like a doll.

One night, she arrived at Jon's apartment, face full of makeup and barefoot.

"Long day?" He could tell just by a glance. They had stayed in to watch The Great British Bake Off. As the night came to an end and the morning quickly approached, Dany's eye makeup was a hot mess. Mascara was smeared and when she had rubbed her eyes, Dany's eyeshadow smudged across her face.

Jon didn't think he ever saw anything as beautiful as when Dany was laughing, head thrown back and arms wrapped around her waist in an effort to cure her stomach pains from all the laughter.

. . . . .

October 1st, 2021

"We're going in circles," Dany protested, pedaling faster. Jon was about to refute her statement, but as he saw the world turn around in front of him, he knew that it was more than likely that they were going in circles.

"You pedal then I pedal," Dany delegated, but they ended up just going around in circles the other way. Dany propped her feet up on the top of the pedal boat. She leaned her head back and pulled her sweater around herself.

"I give up." They had been on the water for ten minutes.

"You can't just give up now," Jon responded, continuing to pedal. Dany looked at him before sliding down her sunglasses.