Like You Never Left

"I'm not getting any work done." Dany pulled her textbook closer to her face, covering him from her line of vision.

Crunch. Jon popped a kale chip in his mouth, smirking with each crack.

"You're just going to get yelled at by the librarian," Dany responded from behind her book. They were surrounded by rows and rows of books. Wooden arches curved overhead and rolling ladders were attached to the bookcases. They sat by the window, the moonlight reflecting off of their faces. Students strolled down below, finding their way down the winding paths in the quad.

"I get the appeal of kale, but eating it voluntarily while there was a bag of chips right next to it at the supermarket . . . that, I will never understand."

Jon happily chomped away before responding, "Crisps."

"What."

"They're called crisps here."

Dany threw a kale chip at his face. Idiot.

They ended up spending time together in the library. They both were busy and hardly had enough time away from school and work. Dany already had claimed a spot in the library as soon as she arrived on campus and Jon, well Jon just liked being with Dany. They ate, hiding their food from the passive aggressive librarians, and they talked. They tried to do homework, but more often than not, they ended up just bantering until they forgot they were there to actually do work.

They almost got kicked out of the library a few days ago when Jon's phone vibrated off the table. His ringtone rang down the hallowed halls.

Jon tried to turn it off as quickly as he could, but it was too late. The ominous footsteps of a librarian were quickly approaching. Jon grabbed Dany's hand and pulled her out of her seat with such force that she almost tumbled to the floor.

She started following his lead in her wedges (Rhaella had sent a new batch last week) but she wasn't fast enough in Jon's opinion. He crouched down, prompting her to get on his back.

"Really?" Dany asked, "I'm not a damsel in distress. You men just think you could go around . . ."

"Do we really have to argue right now," Jon questioned before taking hold of her. She squealed, prompting more dirty looks, but Jon was fast. He ran out of the library with Dany on his back, her notes falling all over.

"If we just lost our spot in the library, I'm seriously going to kill you," Dany said, her hair blowing in the wind.

"You should be thanking me. I'm your knight in shining armor. I saved both of our assesses from the epitome of evil: librarians." Jon defended himself, letting her jump down to the ground.

"You're pushing it," Dany responded, brushing herself off while rearranging all of her disheveled notes.

Jon took a knee, handing her one of her notebooks. "My liege."

"You're an ass." Dany said, pulling Jon up off the ground. Jon just shrugged.

His phone started vibrating again.

CALL FROM: SANSA

Jon rolled his eyes before moving his finger to reject the call. Before he could do so, Dany took the phone from him and ran away.

"Sansa!" Dany accepted the call. She could see Jon starting to run after her.

"Jon?" Sansa responded.

"No. It's Dany." Dany threw off her shoes and continued running on the damp grass.

"Dany?"

"Yes, Dany. Jon, stop. He's trying to steal the phone from me." Jon grabbed her by the waist, spinning her around.