Fate

November 24th, 2021 - Day before Thanksgiving

"You're staring at me," Jon said, bringing her a cup of coffee.

"I'm not staring, I'm appreciating," Dany responded, taking the mug from his hands. He sat down on her couch and she immediately positioned herself close to him.

"We should be getting ready," Jon said, but he didn't move an inch, "You're brother is coming in in just a few hours."

"I know." Dany wrapped the blanket around the two of them.

"And we still have to prepare some food for tomorrow."

"That, we do," Dany rested her head in the crook of Jon's neck and placed her arm on his chest.

"And cleaning?"

"Yes," Dany closed her eyes and he held her hands in his own, placing their interlocked hands on his chest.

It was safe to say that Rhaegar had to take a taxi to her apartment that day.

. . . . .

"Dany!" Rhaegar called, dropping his bags by the door. His hair was shorter, but still flopped over his face. Lyanna had laughed when he told her the story of going to the barber shop and asking for 'The David Beckham.'

Dany ran down the stairs. Jon didn't know how she didn't trip in her black strappy heels. She was wearing a black crop top and a skirt to match.

. . . . .

"It's only your brother," Jon had said as he lounged on her bed, waiting for her to get ready, "I doubt he'll care." Dany tossed articles of clothing onto his lap.

"I'm not dressing up for Rhaegar, silly. Why can't I just dress up for myself?" Dany looked at herself in the mirror, flattening out the top so it lay flush against her body.

"I'm not complaining either," Jon responded, which earned him a roll of the eyes.

. . . . .

"Rhaegar!" Dany hugged her brother as he wrapped his arms around her in a big, bear hug. "You have no idea how much I've missed you," she said, smiling up at him.

"Well, it looks like you found someone to keep you company," Rhaegar responded as he pulled Jon in for a side hug, "How ya doing, man?"

"Holding up . . . she keeps me in check," Jon responded, watching as Dany gently slapped his arm. Rhaegar took off his shoes and put them near the coat rack. Grabbing his bag, he swung it over his shoulder.

"It happens to the best of us. Nice place you got here, Dany," Rhaegar said, turning to his sister. He walked around the living room, taking a second to glance out the window. From the window he could see the hustle and bustle of the city. The sun was starting to go down, but the commotion had just begun.

"You're the one who helped pick it out," Dany responded, leading Rhaegar into the guest room.

"And I must say that I did a very good job. When you move back to New York, we should just keep this place. Maybe if we're lucky Mom will move here and leave us alone in New York." Rhaegar placed his bag by the bed and started taking out zippered garment bags from his luggage.

"It's been that bad?" Dany leaned against the doorway.

"When Mom has a key, you better believe she will use it." That's all she needed to hear. Rhaegar plopped down on the bed, already spreading out.

"I trust you won't be cooking for tomorrow."

Dany opened her mouth wide, "You think I'm that incapable?" Dany started smiling, "Yeah, Jon's doing the turkey. I have the mashed potatoes. I can't screw that up, right?"